News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 08, 2024, 05:44:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: more people then I though in Fort Wayne, IN remember the Eagle.  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Eagle1984

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
more people then I though in Fort Wayne, IN remember the Eagle.
« on: December 10, 2011, 12:02:08 AM »
Today when I went to out to pick up some supplies. I had 4 people ask me about my car in 2 hours. One was a kid my age, that went to the same college I go to. Ask me about it after I had my cellphone out and he noticed the picture on my phone, first thing he asked was what year my AMC Eagle was, which caught me by surprise, he then asked if he could see it and started telling his friend that was with him all about the history of the car. Then later I had a person ask questions as I got out of the car at a local wal-mart, one while putting my supplies in car then the cart people working for wal-mart were standing around my car after I put the cart back. They also remembered the car and all said the same thing "sure do not see those around very often". So far just in the few months I have lived in the city I have lost count of the people who have said that. If I had a dollar for every-time someone asked me about Laverne or said they remembered the cars and had thought about buying one I could have probably paid off a college classe. Most be because of where I live. Love having this car.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 12:06:09 AM by Eagle1984 »

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Re: more people then I though in Fort Wayne, IN remember the Eagle.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 07:44:28 PM »
Good egg for you! I get a ton of reactions like that with mine, always turns my day around. ;D
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Re: more people then I though in Fort Wayne, IN remember the Eagle.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 03:16:41 AM »
So many folks dont know what these things are and are rather curious about the...But like you stated the people that do remember them are blown away to see one on the road.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk