News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 02:55:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Best radiator options  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Knuckle0Head

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Best radiator options
« on: January 01, 2023, 04:16:43 PM »
I'm looking to replace the radiator in my 81 as it's not in great shape, and not sure what's the best option. Ive read that cj7 radiators fit however looking online a lot of the measurements posted are completely different. I've found one that should fit (I'd like it but the site won't let me) however the bottom hose is at a 45° angle upwards and I'm worried the shroud will interfere. Will it be fine to use? Also any links to a better option are appreciated.

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: Best radiator options
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 11:18:26 PM »
I installed a CJ radiator in my Eagle. It fit fine.  You’ll have to drill some new mounting holes in the mounting brackets - the neck on the CJ radiator is taller than the Eagle radiator so take that into consideration. For the lower radiator hose, I believe you need a hose from a CJ, one end is 1.5” and the other is 1.75”. It’s kind of tight but you can make it work.  I did a write up when I installed mine, it may be helpful. Good luck!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
Re: Best radiator options
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 06:58:10 AM »
For ease of finding vangremlin's write up I copied the link