News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 19, 2024, 05:10:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: She needs rescued.  (Read 3505 times)

Offline ColtonCostello

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
She needs rescued.
« on: August 24, 2011, 01:47:33 PM »
It's a sad day for this 1980(according to the tail light, which probably wrong and the eagle is newer) Eagle Wagon rusting away at an old AMC/JEEP dealer. She's been here for years :\ . I have a story of all the AMC cars at this old dealer ship in my post in the new members part of the forum. This AMC is in not bad of shape on the outside, but when i checked the frame there are parts of the body that really need some care. In the right hands she could be restored, even with 100k on it. Also the inspection looks as if it ran out sometime in 2007-2008.

This place is an AMC gold mine
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 01:52:00 PM by ColtonCostello »

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
Re: She needs rescued.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 07:23:29 PM »
Definitely not a 1980.  Judging by the hood and the rear quarter emblems, it's a 1985 or newer.

Looks decent in the picture, but being a Pennsylvania car... gotta be some rust.  :-\
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

Offline ColtonCostello

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 10:16:42 PM »
Yeah, most definitely. with all older cars, they'll use the same molding for the taillights years into the car. Like my 89 Caprice has 86 (first year of the new taillights) in it. So by the look of it i want to say it's older than an 85 or 85 because of the front grill as well as the power bulge hood.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 10:20:32 PM by ColtonCostello »

Offline jim

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 10:23:33 PM »
It could live on as a parts car.  Just in that one picture I see lots of stuff worth saving.
We also have members who are capable of saving it.  There has been some amazing work done on some rusted out Eagles.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline ColtonCostello

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 10:26:12 PM »
yeah man. I can tell you from personally looking at it. fantastic cosmetic parts car. I don't know how the engine looks or if it runs(doubtfully) without a good amount of work. I know nobody will go to the length of saving it. Not around here at least, and since it has been sitting there for a number of years, before the inspection even ran out.

I might possibly (hopefully) be buying an Eagle from the same dealer ship that needs just a battery and such to run with 44k on it. if I do buy it, I am going to take a couple parts from this eagle just to help it live on a little bit with the window rain guards for sure, and maybe a spare set of wheels to have alternate tires on.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 10:28:06 PM by ColtonCostello »

Offline Gil-SX4

• International Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • December-2003
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 01:00:23 AM »
ColtonCostello, aske them if they still have some new odl parts and accessories for AMC Eagles any year?
Rick Perry President of The Republic Of Texas,
Wants You.
Enlist in the Texas Arm Forces.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands:
     one Nation under God, indivisible, With Liberty and Justice for all."

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one and indivisible."

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." --Thomas Jefferson

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4
1985 Chevrolet C-10 Silverado
1995 Ford Aspire
1978 Ford Bronco

Murphy's Law
"If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways can result in a catastrophe, then someone will do it".

Offline ColtonCostello

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 11:35:04 AM »
I was talking to the owner and his son about what they have; I might be scoring a 1985 Eagle Wagon with 44k miles in brown with woodgrain collecting dust in their garage. :) They didn't have many parts left when I asked them. They're a garage/used car dealer now, so a lot of the original parts and such from the dealer in the 80's are long gone.

Offline Gil-SX4

• International Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • December-2003
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 11:37:15 PM »
To bad. Will just keep looking for that big find of a warehouse full of old new AMC Eagle parts at give away price.
Rick Perry President of The Republic Of Texas,
Wants You.
Enlist in the Texas Arm Forces.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands:
     one Nation under God, indivisible, With Liberty and Justice for all."

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one and indivisible."

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." --Thomas Jefferson

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4
1985 Chevrolet C-10 Silverado
1995 Ford Aspire
1978 Ford Bronco

Murphy's Law
"If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways can result in a catastrophe, then someone will do it".

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 12:10:31 AM »
I wonder what the price is on it...if they would let it go at all....Ive seen so many cars rotting away in fields and yards that the owner either refuses to get rid of or just wants some outrageous price...its certainly worth asking about though...who knows they may let it go for cheap...I always offer 50 dollars over scrap value and go from there.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 12:46:42 AM »
Any luck on saving this Eagle?
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk