News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 04:05:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone up for some 4x4ing?  (Read 9820 times)

Offline boreddead88

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Anyone up for some 4x4ing?
« on: June 10, 2011, 11:07:52 AM »
I know its short notice, but Ive have been putting a lot of effort into getting my eagle trail worthy, because when It comes down to it, that's what I bought it for. I have heard a lot of speak about rousch creek offroad park in central PA, and I think Its time. I don't know how many of us there are in the pa, NY area, but this could be BIG fun. My wife and I are planning a weekend middle/end of July. They have free, family oriented primitive camping and near by hotels. 30+ miles of trails on 3,000 acres of park. From what I've herd most of the trails are easy to moderate, and stockers should have no trouble... The park requires a full size spare, and at least one tow point, and the minimum group size is 2 vehicles. Basilcally If one other person can make it It'll be a success, LOL, It would be a really cool thing to get a nice size group and just freak people out, its a big JEEPer hang out, and I love turning heads.

I'm not expecting a lot of responce but, like I said if one other person goes, there is a possibility for something awesome to unfold. From the kind of fun Ive had at places like paragon, and just running open pit mines around home, I can't imagine having a bad time. The trails are well maintained, and they have recovery vehicles at the park if someone gets in a real pickle.

Lets get this going people, http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/index.php Is the parks site, they have the prices, and amenities photo gallery all that along with a park map.. blah blah check it out...

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
Re: Anyone up for some 4x4ing?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 11:22:02 AM »
I would love to go but I can't really see taking my eagle because it is too low to really do any sort of trail riding, if I can get ahold of a truck and trailer I'd be willing to take my cherokee
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline Mechanic

• "This is gona be expensive....."
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 53
  • Which project to start first....
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 11:32:08 AM »
Well, the drive wouldn't be to long for me at least. Only 3500 kilometers. LOL by my crude calculation it'll cost 1100$ in gas to get down there. I guess that means I'm out.
2000 Toyota 4runner 221,000 k's (DD)
1997 Chevy S10 180,000 k's (Project car)
1988 Mazda RX-7 248,000 k's (For Sale)
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon 192,000 k's (Project car)
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4 65,000 k's (Restoration Project)
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4 140,000 k's (Trail build)
1981 Chevy Camaro Burlineta 134,000 K's (Performance build)
1977 Ford F350 Dually with dump (farm truck project)

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 11:37:54 AM »
They have trails for all sizes, it's a blast btw, if my kee wasn't on its last breath I'd go for it, but the eagle won't see any offroad use. It's very rocky there, nice climbs, not much for mud, and big area. We spent 6 hours riding, and didn't even come close to hitting everywhere up, lol.
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline WoodenBirdOfPrey

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 09:24:15 AM »
Did this ever happen?  I would have went, if I would have owned an Eagle in July.  If you decide to go again let me know, I'll probably be able to make time to go.  I'm in York county, so it's only about a 90 min drive for me.  I actually used to ride MX at Rausch Creek.
87 Eagle Woody Wagon "Virginia" 4.2 Auto 174k

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 08:20:12 PM »
i don't think it got anywhere besides a few posts.  Now that i have my winter beater I'd be more than happy to go. can't take my eagle cause the only off roading that car will ever see is the gravel lane to my house   
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 08:56:40 AM »
I'd have to wait until next year (have no drivable jeep currently), Depending how the winter goes with the new rig, could be a possibility.
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk