News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 14, 2024, 09:11:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Figured it's time to intoduce myself.  (Read 3645 times)

Offline 80amc

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
Figured it's time to intoduce myself.
« on: March 23, 2011, 11:41:52 PM »
  Even though I just became a member of the forums I've been on the websight many times over the years and been around Eagles since they were new.  Having three young boys will tend to take up what small amount of time one has left to spend on the internet!  Anyways I remember when I was very young and my Grandfather brought home a new 1980 amc eagle sedan (two tone blue) to the farm.  I may not have known it then, but that started an obsession I now have for these great cars.  I grew up with that car; sitting between my parents in the front bucket seats going to church on Sundays (I was the smallest and fit there the best) I had then purchased the car from my grandmother and mechanically restored it.  Everbody said I would drive it until it broke in half, and then one day it did and I almost rolled it in the ditch.  It was a Minnesota car and the salt finally took its toll on the front subframe, so I welded it up and kept driving it until a suitable replacement could be bought.  I found another 1980 eagle sedan (two tone brown/Beige) and mechanically restored that car. This time I bought a North Dakota car with no rust! I still have the sedan and have also added a 1982 sx/4 Sport to my collection.  When money and time go hand in hand I have some big plans for the sx/4 including some radical suspension and engine modifications.  It's a neat car, being black on black and having the borg warner manual 5 speed.  I definitely have a lot of questions to ask of all you and hope that I can share some of my experience with these cars.  I look forward to sharing information in the years to come. 

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
Re: Figured it's time to intoduce myself.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 02:09:44 AM »
welcome to the nest and we would love to see some pics of your eagles. one question do you still have the first one.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline Jurjen

• Thumbs Up 168
  • Dutch Eagle Preservation Front
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 07:16:35 AM »
Welcome to the Nest, we like pictures!
"sparrows fly in flocks, eagles fly alone"

Eagle Wagon Limited 1983, Citroen C-Crosser 2010, Triumph Bonneville 1969, Yamaha XJR1300 1999, Yamaha TX750 1973

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf0jpiW6tRI

Click for Leeuwarden, Netherlands Forecast" height="90" width="160

Offline 80amc

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 09:37:07 PM »
  Yes, I'll make it a priority to try and get some pictures down loaded, first I have to get my scanner going again. We put in a newer computer and now nothing wants to work with it, go figure!  Anyways to answer the first question, no I do not have my first eagle anymore.  I decided to part it out when I found the other 80 sedan, so some of it survives in my beige sedan (tranny and driveshafts), some stored in boxes in my garage and the body which was heavily corroded went to a salvage yard in Fargo ND where many other eagles resided that I pillaged for parts when I lived up there for 7 years.  I've always meant to go and visit her again, but who knows if it would even be there anymore; that was already ten years ago.  Besides I'm still a little bitter about slicing my finger wide open when trying to take the last headlamp out of the car just before the car went to the salvage yard.  I think the car knew and wasn't happy with my decision to let her go.  I really do miss that car!!  I've never seen another 1980 sedan in that two tone blue paint job, with blue interior (very pretty car).  I love the sedan I have now, but brown/beige is not a show stopping paint scheme!  I think that car held the record for the number of 4x4 pickups it pulled out of the ditches of ND during the winter of 1996. My buddy still doesn't want anybody to know about that eagle pulling out his 1985 K5 blazer (which had a two inch suspension lift, two inch body lift, 33's for tires and over 400hp) from a snow filled ditch. Eagles are truly amazing vehicles - I know that the state patrol officer (that told me I should turn back from a snow drift filled road with two stuck trucks during a North Dakota blizzard) was awestruck when I pulled around them all and kept on going like there was nothing to it.  Although I do realize that everything has a limitation; even eagles can't forge through two feet of moving water during a flood and not get almost swept off the road into a lagoon ( I wouldn't re comend that to anyone) during the original ND flood of '97.  I hate to say there is other flood stories with the blue eagle if you're all interested in hearing them.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 06:28:26 AM »
Welcome to the Nest!  We love Eagle stories too.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 11:34:20 AM »
Yes, Eagle stories are great!

Welcome to the nest!
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 11:34:08 PM »

HI     Welcome to the nest  yes pictures  and  stories.............Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk