News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 11, 2024, 05:02:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Time to make room for a full size spare  (Read 14982 times)

Offline tougeagle

• Horses, rodeos, diesel trucks and AMC Eagles
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 75
  • There are many like it, but this one is mine
Time to make room for a full size spare
« on: January 17, 2011, 11:19:56 PM »
I decided to ditch the donut since the day I hit the curb, as it rendered the car almost undriveable. I still have it, but it's not in the car anymore. I'm going with a full size spare, I saved one of the steel wheels out of my old set, for such a purpose. However, I am getting rid of the metal cargo shelf in th eback, and replacing it with particleboard that will have a (hopefully) tastefully chosen short pile carpet glued onto it. Underneath the board I will have carpet padding for noise reduction. I plan to mount the spare facing toward the back hatch, at a 60 degree angle or so, to make sure the back seat can still clip in. The OSB will be cut and joined in such a way that it meets up with the bottom of the cargo area interior panels cleanly, to the point of being able to still use christmas tree clips along the bottom lip. I'm trying to decide if I want to make a few storage areas or not....

I pulled the shelf out tonight, I will post pictures tomorrow when it's light outside. Also bought the OSB and may continue to look for carpet samples. If I can't find anything that I really feel comfortable using, I may just go with diamond plate...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:21:35 PM by tougeagle »
Upcoming 1982 Wagon "The Silver Bullet"
Goals: 550hp/600tq 4.5L EFI Turbo Stroker, Tremec 6 speed manual
2007 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 6 speed 600+hp/1400+tq fully deleted
1998 Honda Civic "the hoopdy"

What's your 'sona?

A dream car does not have to be beautiful in the eyes of others, it's not theirs.

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
Re: Time to make room for a full size spare
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 12:23:49 AM »
I will be curious to see this project.  I have been trying to thing of a way to carry a full size spare for years.  I looked into making a contential type mount, but did not like the idea.  I have also looked a roof racks like Mick, RegalWizard and others have, but do not have a way to modify the mounts properly like Mick does.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline tougeagle

• Thumbs Up 75
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 02:04:22 AM »
I will be curious to see this project.  I have been trying to thing of a way to carry a full size spare for years.  I looked into making a contential type mount, but did not like the idea.  I have also looked a roof racks like Mick, RegalWizard and others have, but do not have a way to modify the mounts properly like Mick does.
I had considered mounting it to the roof, but I do NOT want the aerodynamic resistance at 80mph or the car's center of gravity raised in a very undesirable way, since it is my daily and I enjoy driving it in a spirited manner. It's an awesome way to do it on a 4wheeling setup though...

I will definitely get some pics tomorrow, I forgot my camera tonight. I may or may not make much progress on it tomorrow, depends on how much work I have at the shop....I should be able to at least get a start on insulation material, perhaps some carpet padding off craigslist. I discovered most of the noise is coming from the cherrybomb outlet/exhaust tip, thanks to my hatch seal and general lack of insulation, so when I do this I'm going to make sure it greatly quiets the ride.

What's your 'sona?

A dream car does not have to be beautiful in the eyes of others, it's not theirs.

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 01:19:25 AM »
Sounds like a good plan.  I agree on not wanting the aerodynamic resistance to increase, but I can't imagine getting an Eagle to 80 mph.  I can barely get mine up to 70 mph. 

are you running stock wheels and tires on your eagle?  I have Wrangler wheels and tires on mine.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline tougeagle

• Thumbs Up 75
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 02:41:55 AM »
I'm running all season tires (except for one studded snow, driver front) stock 205/75/15... There is a spot to store the donut, but a fullsize will not fit below the cargo shelf.

I've had mine to 115 before I backed off, from 70 mph fifth gear pull. Any more power and I'd be getting in TONS of trouble...When taking the I25 65 miles south to my parents' place, I generally average 85.

What's your 'sona?

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 03:10:02 AM »
ssshhhh, dont tell certai people, but after a good tune up, the mc 2150 carb, all new exhaust, and a couple of other things, on our open highways here, i have had mine in the tripples. ;-) hehe. ok, back to the tire issue. this MUST be on a wagon? they have the little storage spot down low for a spare dont they? i have 2 sx4's. i need to figure out if a 215/75 for a spare will fit on the spare tire mount. they mount right on top of the floor. no storage hole. takes up a lot of the nonexisting space they already lack. lol.
the answer is yes a full size spare fits nicely in the back of an SX/4. My 83 has a covered full size spare in the back of it   
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline tougeagle

• Thumbs Up 75
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 01:41:55 AM »
Just a followup, I'll be getting to this project probably Sunday, came across some material tonight that will be perfect as insulation under the board.

What's your 'sona?

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 11:40:48 PM »
Just a followup, I'll be getting to this project probably Sunday, came across some material tonight that will be perfect as insulation under the board.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.  Doubt I will be able to translate it to my Eagle and be able to carry the Wrangler spare, but you never know.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline tougeagle

• Thumbs Up 75
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 02:24:22 AM »

Can't wait to see what you come up with.  Doubt I will be able to translate it to my Eagle and be able to carry the Wrangler spare, but you never know.

I'll make sure and post a lot of pics if I can. It might be snowing tomorrow, and if that's the case I won't be doing a ton of fab work on it, though it depends on how cold it is. At the very least, I'll get a picture of what it looks like without the cargo tray.

What's your 'sona?

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 09:31:54 AM »
Sounds great

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 10:10:13 AM »
I mounted a Yakima rack with the purpose of carrying a full size spare. I refuse to compromise the rear cargo area, I use it quite often. Not to mention if mounted in the vehicle, it needs to be SECURED WELL otherwise injury or death could occur from it getting loose in an accident. With the addition of the rack I have lost 3 mpg and it is a little unstable when windy. I just added a third cargo bar and attached the Yakima rack to the factory bars no special fabrication needed to be done. I am planning on making a rear mount for the spare. I'm trying to figure out which way to tackle it. I "made" and installed a receiver hitch and thought about making one of these http://tiregate.com/hg_series_0.shtml or make a rear bumper with a swingout carrier. I leaning towards the second because I would like to add recovery points also to the Eagle. It would have to be in the center because of the Eagles tail lights. I like the look of this one:

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:12:19 AM by eaglefreek »
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline tougeagle

• Thumbs Up 75
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 01:08:47 PM »
If I were driving mostly around town and/or to the trails, I'd use a roof rack, but as windy as it gets here and as often as I travel the highway, I can't compromise my mileage or driveability. If necessary I can secure the spare to the roof with ratchet straps, but I don't use the cargo area very much for anything other than groceries. The spare will be secured to the floor, I need to figure out how I want to secure it. I will probably just install a very long 1/2" bolt into the floor to go up through the hub of the wheel with a large nut and washer to secure it. I'm going to start on it today even though I haven't had time to find a spare, I'll just take one of my wheels off and go from there.

What's your 'sona?

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 01:18:49 AM »
EagleFreek I like the idea of the mount like you show on the back of that Wrangler.  I looked into mounting a swing out spare carrier (that would swing down) out of a spare carrier from a Bronco II I found in the local U-Pull-It, but I could not figure out how to mount it without compromising the strength of my receivier hitch.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 01:29:20 AM »
I also tried mounting an RV spare tire carrier to the Eagle.  I did not think the bumper was strong enough to support the weight of having something like this bolted around it.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline tougeagle

• Thumbs Up 75
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 01:56:39 AM »
I also tried mounting an RV spare tire carrier to the Eagle.  I did not think the bumper was strong enough to support the weight of having something like this bolted around it.

The bumpers are meant to support the weight of the entire car, hence the design of our jacks, so it wouldn't have a problem holding that. Just make sure you can still see out the back window reasonably well, for backing up.

What's your 'sona?

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 02:04:24 AM »

The bumpers are meant to support the weight of the entire car, hence the design of our jacks, so it wouldn't have a problem holding that. Just make sure you can still see out the back window reasonably well, for backing up.
Interesting.  When I went to buy one last summer the guy at the RV dealer brought one out to see how it would fit.  He was pretty insistent that it would crush the bumper after it was tightened and load-bearing.  He was so insistent that he refused to sell me a mount.

If I were driving mostly around town and/or to the trails, I'd use a roof rack, but I can't compromise my mileage or driveability. 
Agreed

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline tougeagle

• Thumbs Up 75
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 02:10:53 AM »
It's because that guy is an idiot. And as such, don't patronize that place again ;). You should have shown him your jack, maybe it would have changed his mind. HOWEVER... the plastic trim gets in the way of where you want to mount it, you would have to cut some of the trim above the bumper and below the license plate.

What's your 'sona?

Online mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 04:13:33 AM »
Gas goes where?  Meaning whatever is there needs to swingout or down that rvthing needs heavy mods to work
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 05:14:45 AM by mudkicker715 »

Manitowoc WI

Offline tougeagle

• Thumbs Up 75
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 01:55:21 PM »
i made a ton of progress yesterday, ill post pics up tonight. youll be quite surprised at how little extra room the fullsize would take up, and tons of other cargo space becomes available without the shelf.

What's your 'sona?

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 03:26:02 PM »
It's because that guy is an idiot. And as such, don't patronize that place again ;). You should have shown him your jack, maybe it would have changed his mind. HOWEVER... the plastic trim gets in the way of where you want to mount it, you would have to cut some of the trim above the bumper and below the license plate.

I don't plan on ever going there again. I have 2 different RV places I get parts from.  One online and one in a different part of town.  The other place in town the parts manager just cracks her knuckles and says let's see if we can find something that'll work for ya.  I like that.

Gas goes where?  Meaning whatever is there needs to swingout or down that rvthing needs heavy mods to work
it would stick out far enough to get to the fuel filler. it would justr obstruct the view for the law man of the plates.

It would have to be mounted off center then, so the plates would be in view.  That sucks.  I guess I'll have to see if what Tougeagle comes up with and see if that will work for the larger tire.  I did a photoshop of what it would looke like with the mount on the back, and I am not sure I like the look either.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

wagoneerhauler

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 05:42:53 PM »
it would stick out far enough to get to the fuel filler. it would justr obstruct the view for the law man of the plates.

It would have to be mounted off center then, so the plates would be in view.  That sucks.  I guess I'll have to see if what Tougeagle comes up with and see if that will work for the larger tire.  I did a photoshop of what it would looke like with the mount on the back, and I am not sure I like the look either.
[/quote]

Unless you relocated the plate to a new holder on the spare tire carrier.  And 83Eagle what tire are you using that is larger than tougeagles?  His is full size too?

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 06:12:37 PM »
Mine are from an 06 Jeep Wrangler. P215 75r/15 Mud and Snow
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:18:59 PM by 83Eagle! »

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

wagoneerhauler

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 06:22:36 PM »
I see.  My SX/4 came with a full size spare that was in use when I picked it up.  Seems as though one of the tires would not stay aired up.  Anyway, it has Jeep XJ rims with 215/75 15s and fits inside the SX ok.  So yours should definitely fit in the wagon.  Like has been said here already though, I'd be more concerned with making sure it can't move in a wreak.  Will be good to see what Tougeagle comes up with.

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 06:33:55 PM »
Agreed I can't wait to see what tougeagle comes up with.  Definitely important to make sure it doesn't move in wreck. 

I looked at my cargo area a little bit ago.  I opened the hatch and moved all the stuff I have stored in it (roadside emergency stuff) and I set the spare in the opening.  Mine seems to have a long way to go for it to be able to fit.  I hope I am overlooking something that tougEagle did.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

wagoneerhauler

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
Yeah, I don't believe he is going to be using that space at all for the spare.  But putting it on top of it with the plywood (or whatever he decided to use) covering over the original locations hatch door. 

Offline tougeagle

• Thumbs Up 75
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 01:33:39 AM »
Here's the progress... It is still in its rough stages, I will be using expanding foam to cover what the blanket doesnt, along with all seams between wood pieces, and the area underneath where the spare will fit. Notice the bracket with loop in the floor in the first few pics... I will be mounting my spare to that, using a cherokee rod and nut, they hook exactly the same way, just standing upright. I will drill a 5/8" hole through the board right where that bracket is, and place the rod in the loop. Expanding foam will go in the space underneath. I will also use some thin gauge steel for the edges of the wheel wells to match it up with the bottom of the interior panels. expanding foam will go behidn that too, and the top edge will be folded over and drilled to accept the christmas tree clips on the bottom edge of the panels. Same with the ones covering the tail lights, though I obviously won't foam that area. Above all of the wood and foam there will be carpet or diamondplate, I haven't decided yet, probably carpet though, for acoustics. I just need to find something very flexible. I wish I would have kept my old interior carpet, even thoguh it was trashed it would have made great insulation.

After a full can of brake clean in attempt to remove all the past gear oil spills, and with cargo tray gone.

Fuel sending unit wire on the right, fuel pump mount bolts on the left. The rear washer line is to the right of the fuel sender wire

I took a wheel off and laid it in to get an idea, since it's the exact same size as the spare I'll be getting, 205/75/15

Only rises about an inch, maybe inch and a half above the bottom of the panels..

Started off with some OSB, and did my best with a jigsaw to cut it to form

Fuel filler must be taken into consideration, thoguh this will be hidden behind wood when finished. The wood will meet up with the bottom of the cargo area panels cleanly

Here's how it looks so far. I hav ea few pieces left to trim down, and the gaps will be filled with expanding foam. I also need to make the pieces that will match up with the interior panels. All of this will eventually be covered in carpet, so any gaps are no major concern. The area underneath where the spare will sit will also be filled, though I will come up with some way to to keep access open to my fuel pump bolts.

There's what I have so far. For now, since I'm out of cash thanks to acquiring another eagle (was supposed to happen today, but maybe tomorrow), this will be on hold for two weeks or so, but I'll get right back to it.

What's your 'sona?

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 10:03:42 PM »
I like it so far.  I do not think I have the ability to duplicate it, but I really like it so far.  Nice work.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline tougeagle

• Thumbs Up 75
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 01:20:33 AM »
I like it so far.  I do not think I have the ability to duplicate it, but I really like it so far.  Nice work.
Thanks... I realized today that I cannot simply secure the wood with bolts through the floor like I had planned, at least, not without dropping the gas tank and drilling up through the bottom, otherwise I'll swiss cheese the gas tank. So, I will drop the tank, and I will drill through the floor with the wood in place. I will probably just lay the blanket over the top of the wood instead, and use expanding foam on the bottom, so the blanket will provide a bit of a buffer between the bolt heads and the eventual carpet for a cleaner look. I need to also consider ease of removability of the rear most panel that will cover access to tail light lamps, I'm thinking probably some small furniture hinges.. They won't allow teh board to open flat to the floor, but should provide enough space for me to stick my hand in there and change out bulbs when needed, and still be covered by carpet.

What's your 'sona?

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 08:40:01 AM »
Yeah I wondered how you were going to be able  drill through the floor.  I remember someone on here awhile back having water in that cargo area and punching a hole through the floor only to have it fill with gasoline.  I wish more of you guys on here were closer to me.  I would love to have this done in the back of my Eagle, but I doubt I'd be able to do it.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline tougeagle

• Thumbs Up 75
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2011, 06:40:00 PM »
Project is temporarily on hold, I gotta finish putting an engine in a 2000s suburban at the shop, then i have a bunch of work to do to an Audi S4, so I won't have any time to use the lift for another week or so, since i have to drop the tank to drill the floor.

What's your 'sona?

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2011, 07:52:39 PM »
Thanks for the update.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline tougeagle

• Thumbs Up 75
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2011, 01:08:13 AM »
Thanks for the update.

No worries... it gives me some time to be absolutely certain of what I want to do, because after a certain point it will be very difficult to go back....

What's your 'sona?

Offline Draekon

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 22
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 02:05:04 AM »
im still trying to figure out what to do for a spare tire for the sx4's. im wanting to get a grill gaurd on it. i been thinking about monting a spare tire on the front bumper like the old 70's fords did alot. i could even push that way if it was mounted stout enough. just as long as it didnt block to much air to the radiator... but that might look a little retarded. i guess when i go on long trips, ill just toss a spare in the trunk.

Id be interested to hear what you finally decide.  I'm currently trying to figure out the whole spare tire situation, my car didn't have one when I bought it.  I'd like to have a full size spare, but I also don't want to sacrifice all the cargo room in the sx4.

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 04:00:25 PM »
I carry a full size spare when I travel, which takes up a lot of my cargo area.  I usually don't carry one in town, because I am usually hauling stuff when I am around town in the Eagle.  I see the spare Tougeagle is using might actually be the same size as mine.  It is a Jeep Cherokee wheel.  Not sure on the tire size though. 

im still trying to figure out what to do for a spare tire for the sx4's. im wanting to get a grill gaurd on it. 

Did you see the grille guard/push bar I put on my Eagle?  I would think a mounting bracket for  spare could be mounted in a similar fashion.  I have the push baar rigged so I can unbolt it should I decide to not have it on there anymore.  You could do something similar with a spare mount.  I'd bet one could be made stout enough to push a vehicle if needed.  I am not a fabricator though. 

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline tougeagle

• Thumbs Up 75
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 08:21:05 PM »
I carry a full size spare when I travel, which takes up a lot of my cargo area.  I usually don't carry one in town, because I am usually hauling stuff when I am around town in the Eagle.  I see the spare Tougeagle is using might actually be the same size as mine.  It is a Jeep Cherokee wheel.  Not sure on the tire size though. 

im still trying to figure out what to do for a spare tire for the sx4's. im wanting to get a grill gaurd on it. 

Did you see the grille guard/push bar I put on my Eagle?  I would think a mounting bracket for  spare could be mounted in a similar fashion.  I have the push baar rigged so I can unbolt it should I decide to not have it on there anymore.  You could do something similar with a spare mount.  I'd bet one could be made stout enough to push a vehicle if needed.  I am not a fabricator though. 
I took off one of my wheels and used it as placement, stock tire size 205/75/15

What's your 'sona?

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2011, 07:10:03 PM »
I goot ahold of the welder who did my push bar, and he is coming over tomorrow to see if he can come up with an idea for me to be able to carry a full size spare externally.  I can't wait to see what he comes up with.  I emailed a craigslist add for a welder with my idea, and it turns out it's the guy who did my push bar.  

Here's what I sent him...
I found this spare tire carrier that is for a 1 1/4" receiver hitch.  I emailed him asking if there was a way to modify it to tilt down when I need to fill up.  He said he'd come over tomorrow and figure out something.  Says he can fabricate something up without having to modify something that is already built.  

I am going to show him the receiver hitch idea and the one picture that Eaglefreek posted of the Wrangler.

I'd love to have something independent of the receiver hitch in case I want to tow a trailer and carry the spare, but not too worried about it, because if I am towing I can carry the spare on the trailer.  We'll see what he comes up with.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline demonicdragon

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • its cool cause you say its cool
    • My Cardomain site for my 85 Eagle
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2011, 10:27:43 PM »
This looks good.  ;)

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2011, 10:39:16 PM »
I have a post going on the spare tire carrier for the Eagle.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline tougeagle

• Thumbs Up 75
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2011, 05:20:04 AM »
I'm discontinuing work on this so if anyone else wants to take over the thread, or let IE delete it, more than welcome to...

What's your 'sona?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk