News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 09:29:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: advice from a newb , to all the other newbs  (Read 49419 times)

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
Re: advice from a newb , to all the other newbs
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 05:27:41 PM »
In your profile in the signature box, IIRC.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline runs.like

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • long trips are not yet advised.
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 12:18:17 AM »
you can use your facebook account to dump photos too.
1970 Mercedes 250
1988 Eagle Wagon
1989 Chevy C1500

Offline MaskNMI

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 03:39:11 AM »
Chiltons are great for setting hot coffee cups on or hot soup...the paper really soaks up the moisture well.

Seriously how many books come shrink-wrapped? you know why they do that? so you can't find out its useless before you spend $20

I can get someone to tell me to take my car to a mechanic for free, and I don't need instructions to remove my air cleaner.

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 11:09:53 AM »
          HI  your right about Chilton's. i have one on my desk it works ...I wounder if KRAL is coming back...?????
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:12:05 AM by teneagle »
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

beacheagle

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 10:13:50 PM »
I have a chilton on the dash to prop up my wi-fi antenna..... it says remove and replace...but not how to..he heh........

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 10:29:35 PM »
              Right on thats all there good for...... ;D ;D ;D ;D
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline philotomy

• Northeast Kingdom, VT.Eagle
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
  • AMC guy 'till the day I die
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 09:52:27 AM »
I agree with everyone re:Chiltons,I've found the Eaglenest to be the most valuable source of info (the Eaglepedia is invaluable)I just heard about alldata,I'll have to check it out.
Philotomy,(my old  D+D Hobbit character) noun,pronounced "fil oto mee",but you can call me Don
1987 Eagle station wagon 4.2 mpfi

Offline dskrumwiede

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 06:50:35 AM »
I love this site , I have rebuilt an 1985 EAGLE wagon and want to post pics ( Eagle ornament hood ornament , eyes light ) I put in new Jasper Engine and new interior , seats. I will try to write the story as I just got to put on antiques plates . Original owners and I love this car. Use for show only . Thanks , this is my first post . I have driven to Colorado, Washngton DC and Florida in it .    SE Illinois   has been its home in garage , I need to restore underside. Just did a kit for carborator last year , this was done a decade back too by me. It is fun . I will hopefully find some parts I have wanted to replace on this site . It is exciting to browse so much info . Thank you all whom contrbute .   David Krumwiede

apm

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2011, 08:04:31 PM »
im a newby could any one help me out i would like to sell my 85 eagle sport wagon and i cant figure out how to post it

Offline TheWraith

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 06:51:21 AM »
 :newbie:

First post as I'm new to your forum.

Always been an Eagle fan.  Have a chance to pick up an SX4 but really want a wagon.  Anyone care to speculate the odds of finding a staight trade of equal value?  The two-door is in pretty good shape.
I am what Willis was talking about.

rohnk

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 09:41:43 AM »
Welcome.

Check the for sale section for a few wagons that were just listed. Some need a little work and others look like that are good to go. Also a member named GRONK has mentioned looking for an SX/4 and he has a lot of wagons. Loked in Colorado I think. He is the guy who makes and sells the Motorcraft carb kits that are very popular.

Offline doc65

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Ogden, UT
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 12:40:01 PM »

Always been an Eagle fan.  Have a chance to pick up an SX4 but really want a wagon.  Anyone care to speculate the odds of finding a staight trade of equal value?  The two-door is in pretty good shape.

Where are you located? I have a pretty nice wagon, but much prefer the 2 door sx4's(already have one, so not sure I need another, but might be interested anyway)

Offline TheWraith

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 08:37:44 PM »
Thanks guys/gals.  I've started my own thread so I don't clog this one up.

http://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=38440.0

I think I've answered your questions there...or at least I tried to. ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 08:39:39 AM by Taylor »
I am what Willis was talking about.

Offline indialyx

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2012, 10:11:31 AM »
Thanks kral.  I just bought my first Eagle this weekend and have just joined the site.  I don't have any pictures except one the seller posted on the forum. The Eagle got laid up with my camera in Omaha on the way to South Dakota.  She just needed new tires, nothing major.  I can't wait to get her up here this weekend, at which point the photo sharing will be ON!!!

Offline Lynx_Gen

• Apprenti Mekanic, pro tinkerer
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • The eagle has flowen the coop!
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 01:07:48 AM »

i dont know where you're located, as your location isnt updated... depending on the conditiopn of the sx/4, id trade you straight across..

I have an 82 wagon, i put 4200$ into.

new pads, rotors, calipers, drums, shoes, axle bearings, power steering line, rad, rear springs, shocks all around, headlights reapired adm alligned, custom wheel allignment to fit the nearly new tires, new fuel tank, relpaced sending unit, replaced t-case, repaired vac lines (and 4x4 actuation/lines) tinted out windows, (easily removed if its your preferance lol) cleaned/rebuilt carb, some electronic junk elimintated, some emisions stuff eliminated, but could be replaced/fixed if neccessary depending on your LOCATION.. fog lights and such as well.
car is in great shape and ready to go, only reason I parked it is because I went 4x4in n took out the trans. it now needs the tranny replaced/repaired.

Just 2 days ago was the local derby.. eveyone has been buggin me for the last 2 years to put it in the demo derby... I'd beat em senseless if they did, even tho it may be along time before I ever even get this car back on the road, on the other hand, Id lovwe an SX/4, and for the right one, I'd trade all my trucks and cars, quad and dirtbike and street bike for one in the right condition!!! god I love the SX/4!!
there isnt a sexier vehicle on the planet!!!

~L~
For all your vac/emissions/computer related and such stuff, see here:
http://home.sprynet.com/~dale02/list.htm

"Why fix your brakes? all they do is slow you down?"
"The nut behind the wheel is loose..."
1982 AMC Eagle wagon limited, Auto, 258, a constant work in progress... (needs tranny repaired/replaced)
1980s ish tent trailor... needs a 6" lift and re-wiring, and wiring harness fabbed for the eagle.
1986 Merkur XR4Ti, 2.3T.. Now gone, R.I.P. I have the engine, harness and ECU.. the rest donated to a good cause.. Fireman practice (they light it on fire then put it out!)
1985 Merkur XR4Ti.. the 2013 demo derby car - compact car class (hoping to find old buick skylark bumper to put on it! BAHAHAHAA!!!)
1986 Nissan 200sx, notch, 5spd, ca20e.. my toy. patiently waiting for engine swap and various mods and goodies... my little road legal go cart for auto-x and drift etc.
91 pimped out dakota sport 4x4.
95 ford ranger (with the 86 merkur turbo engine, not quite done yet.)
97 Tahoe
2001 ford windstar

92 Yamaha warrior (quad-350) engine broke, again.. >.<

2001 kawasaki KX.. WEEEEEEHAAAA! (my main toy till next spring, then its trade in with Income tax mula for a 250, but prolly gona be a dual sport, so maybe even a bigger bike... still undecided)
1982 Honda Magna 750(V45)

1980s Kawahara BMX! custom bars, gt 3spkoe rims, ORYG(Gyro), etc etc

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk