News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 07:35:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Side mirror removal  (Read 668 times)

Offline Knuckle0Head

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Side mirror removal
« on: April 03, 2023, 05:20:38 PM »
I'm currently in the process of replacing my side mirrors as neither of them work very well, and I can't be bothered to try fixing them. I've got the driver's side done, however I can't figure out how to remove the adjustment knob for the passenger side. I saw someone say the chrome piece around it unscrews from the bracket but mine doesn't spin. Also, any suggestions on what to fill in the holes left by the knobs?

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: Side mirror removal
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 10:09:25 PM »
The round piece on the dash side does spin off, keep working at it and it will come off.

I found some chrome buttons at Lowe’s that fit in the holes that are left. Eventually I used the hole for the passenger side for a switch for my aftermarket fog lights.

Do you have replacement mirrors?  I put these on my Kammback and the were easy to install and look good.

Fit System 0901 Driver/Passenger Side Replacement Euro Style Universal Mirror https://a.co/d/25GJAWU
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Knuckle0Head

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 11:40:54 PM »
Managed to get it off, was stuck on there pretty good. I actually put on those exact mirrors from your response on another post on here. Haven't gotten to drive any with them yet, but they seem to work good. Personally not a fan of the plastic, would prefer chrome, but hey car needs mirrors. I'll keep a look out for those chrome buttons, and mounting a switch in the passenger side hole is a great idea, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Offline EagleSX4_5Speed

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2023, 06:59:41 PM »
I have those mirrors on my SX4 as well but don't like them. I have broken two of them. I am working on modifying some 2008+ Dodge Challenger mirrors to fit on the eagle. I will post more info when I get them finished. I have already trimmed the bases to match the angle of the doors now I just need to figure out how to mount them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk