News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 18, 2024, 09:04:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Greetings from Calgary Alberta Canada!  (Read 865 times)

Offline BEagle

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
Greetings from Calgary Alberta Canada!
« on: October 25, 2022, 09:14:30 AM »
Hello, I am new to the eagle world. I recently acquired a 1982 wagon and I have plans to restore it a little bit at a time but have absolutely no knowledge about these fine automobiles. Also I have never been a part of any forum soo I hope I'm typing this in the proper column. It is very hard to find parts for these cars in the northern part of the world and I'm hoping to meet some fellow eagle owners around my neck of the woods that I can link up with. Soo far I've stripped everything out of the car and have the paint stripped down to bare metal. Currently welding and repairing the common rust areas rockers, frame, floorboards ect. My wife is on board with this build as well she is tackling the Interior portion of the car. My good friend rebuilt the original 4.2l with a mild build bored 30over with a mild Comp cam ect. I'm on a tight budget with this build but can't wait to get it up and running. I'm sure I'll have alot of questions down the road as this is my first real restoration and more or less a learning curve for me. Thanks for having me  :newbie:

Offline MIPS

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 44
Re: Greetings from Calgary Alberta Canada!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 09:51:10 AM »
Welcome to the forum, fellow Canadian!
I'm just a few hours West of you in Kamloops.
I have an 82 wagon as well so if you need help with anything I already have a pretty good idea about everything on that model year and LOTS of spare parts.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 03:26:27 PM by MIPS »

Online Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 10:39:30 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Whatever you can’t find here, ask away usually someone has a answer.
2010 Toyota Rav4 pack mule
1985 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon 🖖🏼🦅
2020 Honda Africa Twin the long haul trucker

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 11:22:17 AM »
Welcome to the Eagles Den!  Good luck with the "new" wagon!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline rmick

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 40
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2022, 02:54:16 PM »
72 Javelin AMX
72 Javelin SST
72 Gremlin with 4.0
81 SX 4

Offline BEagle

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 12:34:03 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome and all the great info! And hello to my neighbour in Kamloops BC!!

Offline Jobflobadob

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2022, 01:33:00 AM »
Welcome! I live near Red Deer and have access to a pile of parts, let me know if there is anything you need!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk