News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 18, 2024, 12:09:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rust and Paint  (Read 1793 times)

Offline SilentWolf8293

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Rust and Paint
« on: February 05, 2014, 08:45:59 PM »
My eagle has some unfortunate rust. It's not my fault I purchased her this way. It's just little pinpricks of rust on the hood right behind the headlights and one large cancer spot on the driverside door. I work for minimum wage and I was wondering if there was a quick easy fix so that it doesn't spread. I honestly have not much in the way of body work experience and I would like to keep the color at least relatively uniform. (It's a light tan) If there is some sort of clear solution that I could put on it, that would be the best but if I have to just hit it with primer I can do that too. I just don't know what to use or what to do.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
Re: Rust and Paint
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 10:27:01 AM »
Nothing really quick and easy.  You should first determine how bad the rust is?  Can you sand it down and see that the sheet metal is not compromised, that is where you need to start. If a door skin is rotten you may just want to opt for a replacement door.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline SilentWolf8293

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Re: Rust and Paint
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 05:37:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure that it's just a bit of surface rust. But if anyone knows of a place where I can get cheap replacement parts I would be very, very happy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk