News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 23, 2024, 03:33:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Blacking out a Limited Wagon?  (Read 1778 times)

Offline EagleJoe93

• "You'll know it's me when I roll through your town. I'm gonna ride around in style. I'm gonna drive everybody wild, cause I'll have the only one there is around."
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
Blacking out a Limited Wagon?
« on: February 19, 2013, 01:20:42 PM »
So I had an idea last night on something I could do for my 86 Wagon. I have seen photos of wagons with the Sport package with the blacked out grill, headlight bezels, and hood bar along with the black rear window trim. So I was thinking of adding those features to my car and making a "Sport Limited". I have a Spirit GT grill that I will use, a set of clear turn signals I may or may not use, and a blacked out rear license plate bracket from a Spirit AMX. My question is has anyone done this kind of thing before, adding sport features to a limited? Would that kind of thing look good on a white wagon with brown flares?
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited. Work in progress. Most likely have the only one in town. :)

Offline cadman929

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Re: Blacking out a Limited Wagon?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 01:28:26 PM »
I'm in the proses of doing it on my 82 wagon and I love the way it looks

Offline DGeagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 13
  • Forget the Whales, Save the Eagles!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 02:32:11 PM »
Thats what has been done to my 86 Sedan.  Here are some pics I left some brightwork though, and depending on how you paint everything, count on a lot of prep work to get it to adhere properly, or a lot of touch up work down the road.  If it hadn't already been started by the PO, I don't think I would have done it personally. 
87 Eagle Sedan--86 Eagle Sedan--98 XJ 4.6 stroker--81 Concord--78 Pacer V-8--74 Gremlin V-8- 78 Concord AMX V-8--89 Grand Wagoneers--76 J-10--69,70,71 AMX--71,73 Javelin--70 Rebel Machine, 48 Packard, 47 Nash, Many other AMC's, Fords, and Mopars....
Too Many cars too little time!!

Offline EagleJoe93

• "You'll know it's me when I roll through your town. I'm gonna ride around in style. I'm gonna drive everybody wild, cause I'll have the only one there is around."
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 03:31:30 PM »
That does look nice. I would probably leave the tail light trim the way it is. If I were going through with this I'd either try to find actual sport package pieces or paint over some regular parts, but not mine. I am very hesitant to paint over my cars original parts. I'm just wondering if this would look good with a white/brown color scheme.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited. Work in progress. Most likely have the only one in town. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk