News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 19, 2024, 11:47:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Grille Guard - Installed!  (Read 21024 times)

Offline 83Eagle!

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 179
Re: Grille Guard - Installed!
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 11:02:44 PM »
Shane & GRONK if I still have it I'lll send you a repair Jurjen pointed out that fixed the heat issue my eagle had
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2012, 07:11:53 AM »
We've used snap-on grill guard covers or the famous cardboard inserts since I was a kit when we hit the sub-zero's.  Allows everything to heat up faster but still allows everything to breathe when driving.

If there is a fix for the heating element, I'm definitely interested as well.  I've already purchased the upgraded blower motor mod.
"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

Offline craigp29690

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2012, 09:41:27 AM »
We've used snap-on grill guard covers or the famous cardboard inserts since I was a kit when we hit the sub-zero's.  Allows everything to heat up faster but still allows everything to breathe when driving.

If there is a fix for the heating element, I'm definitely interested as well.  I've already purchased the upgraded blower motor mod.

What's the upgraded blower motor mod?   I need more heat to keep my cafe mocha latte warm since I'm not driving the Miata.   ;)
1957 Nash Rambler
1964 Rambler Classic 770 2dr
1965 Rambler Classic Wagon              NON-AMC
1966 Rambler Classic Wagon              1981 MAZDA 626 (RWD)
1972 AMC Ambassador Wagon           1991 MAZDA MX5
1981 AMC Concord Wagon                1978 Dodge Magnum XE
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon Ltd        
1987 AMC Eagle Wagon Ltd           Yes I have a few toys..........

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2012, 10:19:34 AM »
Jeep/AMC use a VERY similar blower motor to the Late 70's Early 80's Chevy/GMC K-5 Blazers.  The K-5 blowers are double the CFM and 1/3 the price.  Most are a direct fit, some require you to make a 1/2" spacer (very simple) and the K-5 version is always in stock and available.  You can move some serious air with this simple "fix"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:53:32 PM by GRONK »
"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2012, 12:56:19 PM »
Every AMC I've ever owned have all had great heaters. The only complaints I've got are that they sometimes take awhile to warm up on a sub zero day or that the heater valve seems to sometimes have a mind of its own.

I've often wondered about the K5 blower motor swap into an Eagle. It's now on the to-do list!
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline 83Eagle!

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 06:00:19 PM »
When mine was having heat issues it was a problem where it wouldn't change over from cool to heat.  I forwarded you the repair message Jurjen sent me for you to check out.  Hope it helps.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2012, 06:27:17 PM »
Hey Brandon, want to send me that too in case I ever get my Eagle back?
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Re: Grille Guard
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2012, 10:28:18 AM »
Here's mine.  Was from 2000+ model S-10.

Just thinking about this car the other day and a thought came to mind. How cool would it look to replace the Eagle grille with the late 70's Concord grille with the round 'boobie' marker lights. Instead of the 'boobie' lights install a set of amber military Humvee turn signal lights.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 10:29:53 AM by Zoro »
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk