The Shop > Electrical

New headlights

<< < (6/6)

DESA:
Old topic here but I have have a question relating to this thread that may be easy to answer for the electrically inclined. When doing this h4 conversion I notice lots of pre fabricated wiring harnesses with dual relays have a plug and play type connection for the original headlight switch of whatever vehicle your installing it in. I looked and can't find any such plug for my eagle just the green white and black wires from the headlights to the dash. Would a guy be able to splice the new harness into these wires eliminating the original system and use the new h4 built harness with dual relays and the battery positive connection without doing damage?

eaglefreek:
Absolutely, that's what needs to be done. You can get a harness that either plugs into your old headlight sockets or cut them off and solder on the harness. The original wires that powered the lights will now only let the relay know to power the new H4 bulbs, substantially lowering the electrical load on the switch and providing more volts to the bulbs.

Baskinator:
This thread is excellent! I was originally very interested in the headlight upgrade, but grew wary of them having an excessively blue light. Now that I can see pictures of such nice white light coming from an Eagle, I can easily say that these will be on my car when I can afford it. Even with my headlights newly adjusted, they are still very dim at night and make it difficult to see clearly. They look great on Pepe, vangremlin, and it's also nice to see a comparison of the different strength bulbs for reference, Sunny. Thanks for the helpful info and diagrams as well, eaglefreek!

May I recommend this for sticky, or possibly Eaglepedia if someone compiles the pictures and diagrams here? Eggs to you guys!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version