News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 06:38:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: O2 Sensor Connector  (Read 1161 times)

Offline MIPS

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 44
O2 Sensor Connector
« on: June 15, 2022, 01:49:35 AM »
Previous shop had the plug break off when changing the sensor, so they crimped a new connector on and RTV'd that in. Thanks, buddy. Current shop had to pull out the manifold and cut the wire entirely.
I need a new pigtail for the O2 sensor. It's obviously a Ford thing because it uses the same clip-less mechanism the Duraspark plugs are, just smaller. I have one used spare but if I can get new I'll put that in with a new sensor.

I have no idea of a part number. Does PICO sell a replacement? I can't seem to find any similar single wire sensor plugs from GM/Ford.

Offline Mr_Roboto

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Re: O2 Sensor Connector
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 08:34:41 AM »
I am surprised that's not a common weatherpak connection. I would probably retrofit in one and use a common gm sensor.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 08:36:26 AM by Mr_Roboto »

Offline MIPS

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 44
Re: O2 Sensor Connector
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 10:45:06 AM »
The OEM fit sensors are pretty cheap and still available.
Problem is that the replacement sensors all come with the same connector on the end.

If it's a proper sensor the sensor-side wire is stainless steel and crimping is a PITA.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 10:45:43 AM by MIPS »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk