News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 13, 2024, 02:40:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need SX/4 rear seat install help  (Read 2210 times)

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
Need SX/4 rear seat install help
« on: May 10, 2013, 10:56:56 AM »
When I took out the back seat, it almost fell out.  I'm not sure how anything goes back together.. plus I'm putting in the divided rear seat, so I need to spot weld in the bracket.  Can anybody snap a few pictures of the back seat in theirs?  I'm mainly looking for a few photos of the latches above the wheel wells and the center bracket.  The bottom seat cushion I think I can handle.
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 12
Re: Need SX/4 rear seat install help
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 02:11:02 PM »
Posted a reply and then realized I didn't have a split seat.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 02:17:19 PM by SpreadEagle »
'81 Kammback
'81 SX/4(Parts)

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 04:27:44 PM »
Even if it's not split.  The outside latches should be the same on both.  I'll take any help I can get!
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 10:30:53 AM »
Just spotted this , I will see if I can do it for you.Mine is an 82 , and I usually leave the seats down 100% of the time so it is not a major problem.

Offline Baskinator

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
  • Limerick, PA
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 09:03:26 PM »
Don't know if this is quite what you mean, but here are a couple from mine. There is a single bracket in the center for the split seats, and the side brackets go through holes in the wheel well trim.

1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (Work In Progress)

Photobucket Album: http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff479/Baskinator/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk