News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 06:09:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Snow, I challenge thee to a duel.  (Read 12834 times)

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Re: Snow, I challenge thee to a duel.
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 02:16:21 AM »
Seeing an Eagle in the snow, mud, or heavy rain is like seeing a fish in water...it just looks so natural. Eggs for some great pics!
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline mach1mustang351

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 03:36:18 PM »
I couldn't resist backing up and parking on a snow pile in a parking lot today lol

I drive my Eagle around every day to see customers.  This is my first winter in the snow so I was tentative at first in the snow... that lasted 2 days.  I like to park in snow piles by my customers shops and get out.  Most of the time I can even get out in 2wd.  The 242 transfercase is my ace in the hole.  I had Eagles for a long time when I was in CA but it makes so much more sense up here in AK.
Fleet:

1987 AMC Wagon 4.0L, 3" Body lift, AX15, NP242
1981 AMC SX4 Sport
1969 Mustang (A Mach 1 with a 351)
1973 GMC K2500
2007 Suzuki Vstrom

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 11:13:05 PM »
Ill be willing to bet alot of native california and arizona Eagles have not been switched into 4x4 more than a few times in their life.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline mach1mustang351

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 01:31:40 AM »
Ill be willing to bet alot of native california and arizona Eagles have not been switched into 4x4 more than a few times in their life.

Funny story about that.  I am form CA and I have never driven in the snow.  I no reside in Anchorage, AK and this is my first winter.  It snowed a week ago Saturday for the first time.  I got up got dressed and took the Eagle out for a drive.  I pulled left out of my street to get on the main road and I got a little sideways, no issue though.  I stop at the first red light.  Light turns green and I can't get any traction at all.  I'm just spinning them.  I tried a second gear start, no luck.  I tried to push my shifter into 4Hi and the shifter is stuck.  There is no give in it whatsoever.  Absolutely stuck in 2wd.  Since I installed the NP242 and floor shifter 2 years ago I think it has been into 4wd... maybe once.  The light turned red again so I had more time to push the darn thing into 4wd.  It clunked out of 2wd and now the shifter works great.  I'm glad I got my Alaska plates already so no one could get upset at the "California guy who cant drive in the snow" 

Another fun fact.  There was hardly any snow on the ground.  What I was driving on was glare ice... which has significantly less traction than snow. 
Fleet:

1987 AMC Wagon 4.0L, 3" Body lift, AX15, NP242
1981 AMC SX4 Sport
1969 Mustang (A Mach 1 with a 351)
1973 GMC K2500
2007 Suzuki Vstrom

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk