The Shop > Suspension, Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tires

Factory wheel - was this area painted or not??

(1/2) > >>

86Woodgrain:
So... I may get my wheels refinished. I sent pics to the wheel guy and he said it looks like the slots on the wheel were painted grey but I'm not sure. I think they were just blasted finish and the whole wheel clear coated.

Were the slots in the wheel from the factory painted or not? I could not tell from searching.

86Woodgrain:
Here is the best wheel I've found so far but it has 111,000 miles on it so not necessarily original. Does it look painted?

AMC of Houston:
I dunno.   I have a boatload of original AMC parts/repair/body/sales manuals; and can find nothing definitive to support either paint or no paint.   So do what you want!!

86Woodgrain:

--- Quote from: AMC of Houston on December 15, 2022, 07:26:40 PM ---I dunno.   I have a boatload of original AMC parts/repair/body/sales manuals; and can find nothing definitive to support either paint or no paint.   So do what you want!!

--- End quote ---
Thanks! My preference is to blast the pockets and no paint. The dude does CNC lathe cutting of wheels, seems to do a good job. Not cheap though.

AMC of Houston:
I have a set of those wheels that need redone - for my waggie.   Here its $150 each for a redo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version