The Shop > Body Shop

Trunk lock cylinder

(1/2) > >>

Haefen:
Hey hope someone can give me a bit of info here about my trunk lock cylinder.

Normally if I was having trouble with the lock I'd just see about getting it rebuilt one way or another but the problem is when I bought my eagle from the last owner it didn't come with the trunk lock cylinder at all. Just completely missing. The hole looks fine, not ripped out, the rod inside seems fine since I can open the trunk with my finger, I was just wondering if there are any known interchange cylinders? I saw that one old post from 2011 mentioned AMC P/N 8122874, but the closest I can find myself is 8122874K3 Door Lock Cylinder. I don't have my hands on the original to know what it looks like, so I can't tell if that K3 at the end makes a big enough difference to keep it from being a suitable replacement or not. If someone has a better lead/code, or can tell me if that one will work I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the help y'all!

TheBirdman:
I dont know off the top of my head, but the dude to ask on eagle locks is a guy who goes by the username "amcofhouston". I dont know if hes active on this forum anymore, but I think he still posts on the amc forum. He still had the original pins and was able to re-pin my lock cylinders for me a few years back.

AMC of Houston:
You can get the uncoded lock kits for about $15 mail order (search J8122874).   Problem is they don't come with the "lever" that triggers the trunk latch.   If you want to see one with the lever, search Ebay for auction # 314213755084

I bet those levers can be bought somewhere, but I haven't yet figured out where!!

Probably easier to get a used Eagle/Concord/Hornet trunk/tailgate lock and re-tumbler it to your key.

TheBirdman:
aaaaayyyyyy, there he is, that magnificent bastahd

AMC of Houston:
 :rotfl:    Yep; still here - I got tagged as a moderator some years back, so I'm stuck.    Luckily this group is super-polite, and needs no "moderating"!!

Still happy to redo locks for Eaglers!   Locksmith charges are a rip!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version