News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 10:12:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Random Chance Eagle  (Read 786 times)

Offline Haefen

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 2
Random Chance Eagle
« on: October 25, 2022, 08:38:10 PM »
Most interesting thing today, was driving home from the grocery store and saw some bright orange old box of a car a few cars ahead, kept trying to get a glance to figure out what exactly it was. Well got closer and closer and saw it was another AMC Eagle Sedan like mine, but rattle can bright orange! So I switch lanes, downshift and zip up behind them as fast as a 258 can and beep the horn a few times, lowering the window so I can give a friendly wave towards them so they don't think I'm nuts. I see them lean forward to check the mirror, probably have the same mirror issue I'm having. They roll down their window and just wave on back. They switch lanes, I pull up next to them and roll down the other window and we yell back and forth for a good 10-15 seconds, speed limit was only 30 and it ain't like these cars are very loud. Compliment each others Eagle and part ways, they went to Walmart and I went home!

So if you own a spray painted bright orange Eagle but you aren't listed as living in Laramie, howdy! And if they aren't part of this forum, if I see them again I'm going to let them know this place exists.

Offline Still Pat

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
Re: Random Chance Eagle
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 11:35:03 PM »
Cool! :amc:
'83 AMC Eagle wagon 258/auto.
'84 AMC Eagle sedan (4 door) 258/auto.
PREVIOUS AMCs:
'72 Gremlin X 304/3 speed
'81 Eagle Kammback 258/4 speed (Purchased new)
'82 Eagle wagon 258/5 speed (Ordered new, traded Kammback)
'86 (I THINK) Eagle wagon - BlackBird 258/auto. (Got hit/totaled)
'83 Eagle wagon - White Eagle 258-auto. (Front subframe was rotted out - sold for parts)

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
Re: Random Chance Eagle
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 01:45:28 AM »
There used to be a four-door one that was like that here in Pueblo. I wonder if it's the same one.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk