The Mighty 258 > Emissions/Vacuum Systems

PCV confusion

(1/2) > >>

pfay82:
Hi everyone,

I have a question about my PCV system. The back hole in the valve cover has a little elbow with a filter attached. That's all back there. The front has the PCV valve, but there's no hose on it. I have a Motorcraft carb. Where would the hose hook up to if I had one?
Thanks.

AMC of Houston:
Originally, there was a hose that went from there to the air cleaner housing, and the little filter was inside the housing.

Most aftermarket air cleaners have an adapter and punch-out hole for that hose.

The PCV hose went to the bottom of the carb.

mudkicker715:
Refresh my memory please. Wasn't there a amc bulletin to take a valve type thing on the pcv hose out of play. I assume this happened to pfay2, but you never know, since it wasn't mentioned. Just a thought.

AMC of Houston:
Yeah.  That recall bulletin removed the electric shut-off valve (which closed off the PCV air flow at idle) from the PCV line, and replaced it with a new PCV hose that had an orifice inside it (basically reducing the PCV flow at all times over what it would be with a full-diameter hose).   I still have a couple of those recall kits in my parts stash.

86Woodgrain:

--- Quote from: AMC of Houston on May 15, 2018, 12:32:51 AM ---Yeah.  That recall bulletin removed the electric shut-off valve (which closed off the PCV air flow at idle) from the PCV line, and replaced it with a new PCV hose that had an orifice inside it (basically reducing the PCV flow at all times over what it would be with a full-diameter hose).   I still have a couple of those recall kits in my parts stash.

--- End quote ---
Do you have a copy of that bulletin? My car has the PCV shutoff solenoid valve but I unhooked the electrical connector because it was causing too much flow back through the air filter on the line coming from the back of the valve cover.

I'm not sure I want to do the recall kit, I'm thinking I probably should...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version