The Shop > Project Cars

1980 Eagle Sport STW 258+TF998 "Silver Beast" (from Finland)

(1/48) > >>

HornetRWB:
So..  First post and directly into projects.. ;) Actually I've been lurking around as a guest for some time - looking into differences from first year and others. You've got very good info avaĆ­lable here so warm Thanks for it!

I've been driving AMCs for a very long time and started the local club for them about 15 years ago (AMC Club Finland, www.amccf.com). I've had a Hornet for a very long time (painted red-white-blue hence the nick) and wife's daily drivers have been Jeep Cherokee XJ's so I'm once I'm done I'm not really expecting anything crazy new, just good all-around 4WD station wagon.

Eagles like any other AMCs are not very common in Finland so took me a while to find one. This one is actually originally from Switzerland where it acted as a mountain taxi for most of it's life. It was privately brought to Finland in 2008-2009 and was never driven after. Bought it now and planning to put it into good use during next couple weeks. Parts are hard to find in Finland, since there's a total of 5 Eagles in the country... So ebay is my only option at the moment, hoping maybe to find parts here on the forum too.

It's rust free, due to the fact that they don't use road salt in Switzerland, not dent-free and hoping to get those sorted soon. Paint is original and fairly good except on the roof where it's gotten some chemicals or tree sap on it, we'll see what I'll do with that.

Headliner is sagging all around and interior needs a good wash (I just vacuumed the rat droppings and dirt out..), mold and mildew buildup everywhere, so it will take a lot of work... But again, fairly intact interior - no tears and nothing is broken. You can see the taxi equipment in the passenger side too - those will be taken away soon (and saved).

Plans are to fix the paint issues, clean the look back to 'sport' (chrome grille -> black grille...etc), quick resto on the inside, fix the headliner, tune up the engine and then get the car registered for traffic before the winter. Lots to do, but I'm looking forward to it.

:amc:

AMC of Houston:
Welcome aboard!!   I love your part of the world -- spent a lot of time in Norway back when I was a working stiff.

Try denatured alcohol on your tree sap spots -- you'll be surprised how well it takes out those brown sap spots.

eaglefreek:
Welcome, nice looking bird and interesting history. What is that big round gauge on the passenger side? Taxi meter? Rockauto.com is a good source for parts, but not sure if they ship to Europe.

Gil-SX4:
Nice find, looks good concider the age of our Eagles, yours looks real good!!!!!!! :hello2:
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prafeston:
Looks really good man. Those sports are sexy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version