News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 07:12:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New From Ontario  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Blake_Volpex

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
New From Ontario
« on: January 28, 2021, 12:17:50 AM »
I've bean keeping an eye out for an Eagle wagon on and off for a year or two, just about everything around here is rotted out or hideously expensive.

I might have found one I can save, but I'm really on the fence, so I figured I'd ask here.
I won't have any issues with the driveline or electrical side (day job is electronics design, hobby is rebuilding cars and bikes).

The one I found was a "barn find" and for around here it looks it.
But water definitely sat in the footwells, and I can see carpet from under the car.

Is there anywhere to get floor pans?
I can cut and patch in new metal, but I'm a bit on the fence (I have too many projects right now) so I'm not sure.

Thanks.

Offline Blake_Volpex

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
Re: New From Ontario
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 01:43:39 PM »
Decided to pass on it, mostly I just have to many projects half finished, so this would have to sit for months. Maybe I'll find another when I'm ready.
For anyone else in the area and interested: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/woodstock-on/1981-amc-eagle-wagon/1547886169

Hard to see from those pics, but has a blue hood, it's in good shape.
Has a lot of small spots around windows and such where they tried to fix rust bubbling, but did a poor job.
That all looks easily fixable, no holes in the upper body.
Both foot wells on the driver's side are totally rotted though, passenger side looks better.
Hinges on the driver;s door are totally shot, has to be lifted to close.
Engine looks salvageable (not seized) but will need an alternator
Has an almost brand new fuel tank, but unfortunately someone put a screwdriver though it, probably patch-able.
Interior is mostly salvageable, headliner has holes in it. Couldn't smell mice, just musty, maybe moths?
VIN starts with 2CCCK385XBB if that's useful, and there is a key hiding near the vin plate if the owner doesn't grab it.
Has a hitch, maybe tow package, I couldn't read the code off the axle for gearing.

Offline Mitch

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 11
Re: New From Ontario
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 04:22:16 AM »
Looks like an early '81. I wonder if it's all wheel drive?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk