News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 04:51:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 3rd times the charm  (Read 10489 times)

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
3rd times the charm
« on: October 01, 2019, 09:37:32 PM »
Alright. Twice now. I have pushed the eagle to a back burner  project. It's been sitting at a buddies yard while we've been doing other things. I'm balancing alot between school, welding class, and working weekends. But that being said I think we're close to wrapping up his 60 Impala and he says the next empty spot in the barn has the eagles name on it. So fingers crossed. I've had the money saved for well over a year. Now I'm hoping I can hop into gear and finally get the transmission tackled. I'd really love to finally have to opportunity to ride of into the sunset with my Eagle.

Offline Mitch

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 11
Re: 3rd times the charm
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 01:48:25 PM »
Fingers crossed! Post pics as you go, please.

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 11:38:47 PM »
Good luck!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 11:25:00 PM »
FELLERS I GOT SOME GOOD NEWS!

We never registered my eagle in our name, and the title got lost. We figured we'd have to get it appraised and go about it that way.

My dad just HAPPENED across the guy he bought it from today. He agreed to get a new title and provide us with it!! The trans should come out sometime this week!!! I'm super stoked I think it's finally happening.

Offline Mitch

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 02:03:37 AM »
Eggcellent!!  :occasion14:

Offline Taylor

• Administrator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 34
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 07:37:00 AM »
Very good news. I had title problems before, those can be a serious nightmare.
2010 Toyota Rav4 pack mule
1985 AMC Eagle Limited Wagon 🖖🏼🦅
2020 Honda Africa Twin the long haul trucker

Offline TheBirdman

• huffs gear oil
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • that noise? that ll go away.
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 12:50:13 PM »
Ill be swapping in an aw4 shortly, id be willing to part with my working tf998 if you need one. Someone in the past went through it and put a main band from a 727 in it, and i put a transgo shift kit in it. Only thing wrong with it is that the main band drags a little in reverse when its below 25F out. Ive mitigated this by backing into parking spots in the winter when its gonna sit a few hours.
83 eagle wagon 4.0

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 11:27:03 PM »
Birdman

I've got a buddy who'll rebuild mine here, but I appreciate the offer!

Updates: idk how many of you followed my other posts about this car. But if you did you'll remember I had ground issues and my battery would drain super quickly. Fast forward to today. The cars been sitting at a buddies for 4 months. His name's Gary. Gary hates AMC (American Made Crap). Says they were built like :censored:. "when we drag that thing out well have to fix all the broken :censored: because AMC can't build cars". So I walked over to the car and started it with one pump of the gas pedal. After it had sat for a few months. And then continued to demonstrate that literally everything works in the car minutes the tape deck, heater/AC, and the trunk release. I bet he felt kinda stupid😂

About suspension. I think my rear springs are sagging. What kind of springs can I swap in back there. I've read that you can swap in some sort of keep spring and it will lift the back a few inches. I think Gronk was who posted it.

Offline Mitch

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2019, 05:55:21 AM »

Offline RallyEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2019, 07:05:49 AM »
Glad you are back at it.  I still have takeoff springs from my SX4 rally car. Yours for the taking. In Lansing.

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2019, 11:05:24 AM »
RallyEagle

Didn't you offer those up to me many many moons ago?

I'll have to double check, but I'm darn sure the things are flat. Ill keep you in mind though.

Offline TheBirdman

• huffs gear oil
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • that noise? that ll go away.
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2019, 02:46:17 AM »
My leafs are pretty hammered too, but Im not in the mood for the heartache and headache that comes with changing them, not to mention the walletache.
So instead, I slapped a pair of these on there:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029K022/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Its nothing like a new set of springs, but it is noticeably stiffer, and it took about an inch of droop out of the rear end
83 eagle wagon 4.0

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2019, 11:14:20 AM »
Anyone else have input on using spring savers? are they any good as a temporary fix?

Offline RallyEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2019, 07:43:06 AM »
Anythings better than flat springs.

I went with new rear springs for my sx4 from John R Springs in Troy, MI.  They arched them an extra 1" and they are nice to work with. The guy actually knew what an Eagle is!  Michiganders are car nuts!

Offline Ace2600

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2019, 11:38:05 AM »
Yet another huge breakthrough! Found a 82 sx4 sitting that got wrecked, but had a rebuilt engine and trans. Dads negotiating with the guy, and id have to run down and pick it up sometime this week. But that would solve my transmission issue! honestly I hope to be driving the thing by the end (ish) of next week.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk