News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 03:05:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A few scenic snow pictures I think turned out really nice.  (Read 5386 times)

Offline WoodenBirdOfPrey

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
A few scenic snow pictures I think turned out really nice.
« on: February 12, 2013, 10:38:27 PM »
We got about 4 inches of snow here in PA back on December 29th, and I was really looking forward to putting some miles in.  Unfortunately, the plow truck guys were on top of their game, and were knocking it down as fast as it was hitting the ground.  I'm not the type that gives up easily, so I set out on a journey to find some nice, unmolested snow to play in, and put a test to my BFG All Terrains.  I drove for nearly an hour trying to find some back roads that hadn't been plowed and salted yet, but to no avail.  Luckily the DCNR isn't proactive with clearing out the roads and parking lots associated with the parks, and the big day use area on the Harrisburg side of lake Pinchot was nearly untouched.  Including all 15 or so loops that go from the main drive, about 100 yards down to the water, and back again, which meant lots of fresh snow to play in, and smooth curves to slide around and get a feel for the grip.  This presented me with a photo op that was way too good to pass up.  Times like this made me wish I had a good DSLR camera to put to use, but I think they turned out really nice considering I used my smarty phone.  Having someone to shoot video would have been awesome too, Virginia was in rally mode and really tore up the snow.

The last two are my personal favorites, still working on my photographic skills.
87 Eagle Woody Wagon "Virginia" 4.2 Auto 174k

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
Re: A few scenic snow pictures I think turned out really nice.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 10:44:13 PM »
Very nice pics!

Thanks for sharing
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 10:38:40 PM »
Thanks for posting the pics! Very pretty.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 09:19:33 AM »
Great pics. Man, I miss snow.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline JayRamb

• ELLA THE EAGLE & EDWIN THE EAGLE
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 30
  • AMC passion for over 32 years. BIG advocate!
    • UPDATED!!  1967 Rambler Rebel weebly website
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 07:13:04 PM »
Central North Dakota got 8 inches of snow yesterday. My Eagle LOVES it. Barrel through the snow like a champion!
Jayson H.
Best HWY Mileage of 87 Eagle:  26.2 MPG

Believer in AMSOIL & Seafoam
1987 Garnet Red Eagle Wagon: 70,500 miles
1967 Rambler Rebel 4 Door 290 V8 (original family car) Marina Aqua 142K miles
1985 Eagle Wagon in Autumn Brown 74,800 miles as my daily driver
SOLD 1984 Black Eagle Limited w/Tach & gauge cluster: 245,100 miles SOLD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk