News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 28, 2024, 11:39:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aggie Eagle  (Read 5765 times)

aTmAggie02

Aggie Eagle
« on: August 12, 2012, 05:16:51 PM »
Howdy,

Well as you can tell, I am a new member to this forum.  Ever since I was a little boy I have always loved  :amc: I own a 1979 Jeep CJ5 (I found after I bought it, that it is one of the silver anniversary editions).  WHOOP!

I recently moved to Colorado and since my Jeep has the v8 304 and gets like 8 mpg, I decided I wanted another 4 wheel drive option.  My regular every day driver is a Hyundai Elantra.  Anyway, I took the plunge and bought the 1983 AMC Eagle that Bonham Chrysler had for sale.  The Eagle is white with maroon trim and maroon interior.  As you can tell by my screen name, I am a graduate of Texas A&M University.  A&M's colors are maroon and white (for those of you who don't know), so I felt like this car was calling my name.

I am excited about owning another  :amc: vehicle and I am really glad it is an  :eagle: My Jeep and Eagle are currently in Texas and I will headed back to pick them up soon.  How many Eagle Nest members are here in Colorado?

Thanks for reading and I am really glad I found this forum.

-Dan
aTmAggie02

Offline EagleJoe93

• "You'll know it's me when I roll through your town. I'm gonna ride around in style. I'm gonna drive everybody wild, cause I'll have the only one there is around."
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
Re: Aggie Eagle
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 06:22:34 PM »
Congrats on your purchase.  :hello2: Any pictures? All the information on the AMC Eagle you could possibly imagine is here. Many knowledgeable people are on this site. Enjoy your new eagle!  :)
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited. Work in progress. Most likely have the only one in town. :)

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 06:55:13 PM »
Welcome, I saw that car for sale. Does it look as good in real life as it did in the pics? With only 35k miles, it should be a cream puff.

1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 07:26:36 PM »
Welcome to the Nest and welcome to Colorado!  Were are you living?  There are several Eagle Nest members around the state, including me.  That is a great looking Eagle you have!

Hopefully you can make it to the Rambler Ranch/Eagle Motel tour in October.  There is a link to the thread below.  The Rambler Ranch is near Elizabeth CO and has over 200 restored AMCs, Ramblers, Nashes, etc, plus about 400 more that are waiting to be restored or serving as parts vehicles.  There will be a tour of the Ranch, followed by a cruise of 25+ Eagles to the Eagle Motel in Manitou Springs to spend the night.

http://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=39507.0
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 07:49:51 PM »
Hi there, and welcome. There are several of us from Colorado..I'm in Englewood and there's a gentleman in Centennial. There are a couple more in the Colorado Springs/Pueblo area. There's one in Idaho Springs. By no means is this list exhaustive.

Do check out the thread that vangremlin referenced in his post. Terry Gale has an awesome collection of AMC and predecessor cars, including Eagles. This is a good opportunity to meet-n-greet Eagle enthusiasts from all over Colorado and other states. :eagle:
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 08:45:04 PM »
Terry Gale has an awesome collection of AMC and predecessor cars, including Eagles.
Yes, the last count I heard was over 50 (Eagles).
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 50
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 08:46:51 PM »
welcome to the forum. i'm in pueblo and as eaglebeek said there are a good number of us in the state.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 08:49:53 PM »
... and there's a gentleman in Centennial.

Hey eaglebeek you better watch what you call me.  You're going to ruin my reputation lol
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

aTmAggie02

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 10:34:43 PM »
Thank you everyone for the warm wishes and congrats!  Eaglefreek you found more pictures of my Eagle.  Yes, the car is in great shape and the pictures are really reflective of how good of condition it is in.  I would have had it here in Colorado, but the radiator had too much corrosion and the car wasn't cooling properly.  I sent it down to Houston and got the radiator refurbished.  The car is now running great and I will drive it to Colorado once I finish getting all my stuff and close on the house I am buying in Arvada (I found a place with a four car garage)!

Vangremlin and Eaglebeek, I am definitely interested in going on the RamblerRanch and Eagle Motel tour coming up in October.  The trip sounds like it is a lot of fun and checking out the ranch I am sure is a blast.  An AMC enthusiast's dream!!!  I am looking forward to meeting cool people and learning more about my Eagle!

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 10:47:57 PM »
... and there's a gentleman in Centennial.

Hey eaglebeek you better watch what you call me.  You're going to ruin my reputation lol
Oops, my bad...I should have called you out as the resident rascal ;D :eagle:
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline TheWraith

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 07:10:50 AM »
Congrats on the find/purchase.  Looks very, very clean, and with such low miles too.  Really hope I can find a gem like this a few years from now when I'm ready to pull the trigger.  Everytime I'm sure there just can't be any left one like this pops up.  Great find, hope you enjoy it for many years to come.
I am what Willis was talking about.

A-A EAGLE

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 03:47:03 PM »
What a stunning beauty!!!!!!
Congratulations and welcome to the Nest.
Anjo
Holland

Offline txjeeptx

• shop rag
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 68
  • You've been Outlaw'd
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 05:31:22 PM »
Smart move, goin to Colorado. Its nice n cool there, and serious Jeep territory. All that beautiful BLM land to wheel on . . .

Sweet Eagle, perfect colors fer an Aggie. Bonham is pretty far from Aggieland, did you search for it, or was it a lucky find?

Also, any pics of yer CJ?
'82 Eagle SX/4 "Golden Eagle", '89 YJ 2.5L '93 MPI-converted rock-crawler, '79 Jeep Cherokee Golden Eagle "FSJ", 'o7 F150 Supercrew FX/4 daily driver

aTmAggie02

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 07:18:59 PM »
TheWraith, I bet you'll find a great Eagle when you're ready.  Maybe you will find one that needs a good home or some TLC. 

A-A Eagle - thanks for the welcome.  I think it is awesome that you have an Eagle and you're in Holland!

txjeeptx - Howdy to a fellow Texan!  What part of Texas are you in?  I do have pictures of my CJ, but I can't post them until I get all my stuff moved from Texas.  The pics are on my desktop.  The current plan is to have the Eagle, the Jeep, and all my other stuff moved here the first week of September.  I decided I wanted to buy an Eagle, so I did an internet search and found this one.  I flew to Dallas and Bonham picked me up.  The plan was to drive it back to Colorado, but the radiator was too corroded to make the trip.  The Eagle is getting some TLC in Houston from my uncle while I am working here in Denver.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk