News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 12:57:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: St Louis Mini meet Th 2/23/12  (Read 12769 times)

Offline j2sax

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
St Louis Mini meet Th 2/23/12
« on: February 18, 2012, 12:26:04 PM »
Hey guys, sorry if this posted twice... thought I did it last night but couldn't find it today. 

Whenever I go through St Louis (at least once a month) I get together with some of the IFSJA guys and occasionally the local AMC Club members.  This next Thursday a bunch of us are just informally gathering at Growlers pub in So County around 6:30. 

Would be great to have some Eagle representation there as well! 

Hope you can make it!  You'll have to google Growlers as I have never been there but that is where the AMO club meets every month. 

Have a great weekend,

Jesse

Prafeston

Re: St Louis Mini meet Th 2/23/12
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 02:13:33 PM »
I'll see if I can make it. Kind of late notice, but I'll try. Sounds fun!

Offline JSK

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • ...one day at a time...
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 03:43:39 PM »
I would love to be there but can't promise a thing -- and I doubt that my sx/4 would be road-worthy by then.

Growlers is pretty close to the intersection of 44 & 270 (on Lindbergh) ... sure wish I could say I'd be there for sure!
Jerry Kane
Saint Louis, Missouri
1981 SX/4 Sport Dk Grey/black, 6cyl-4spd with a/c and LOUVERS!

Prafeston

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 04:18:45 PM »
JSK, where do you live off 44? If I make it up I could pick you up on my way in...I'd be coming from Rolla. You can pm me if you want.

Offline j2sax

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 08:39:49 PM »
I would love to be there but can't promise a thing -- and I doubt that my sx/4 would be road-worthy by then.

Growlers is pretty close to the intersection of 44 & 270 (on Lindbergh) ... sure wish I could say I'd be there for sure!

No AMC required onsite to show... I will be in my Company vehicle, a '11 Chv Eqnx.  Company's buying gas so it's hard to put the miles on the J10!

Look forward to seeing you guy there!

Offline JSK

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 12
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 11:16:24 PM »
I'm north of 44 a few miles - essentially at 270 and Dougherty Ferry. I'm sure I'd be welcome in my 91 corolla - I was merely whining about not getting to work on my sx/4. sigh. Thanks for the offer to pick me up - - it's more a function of my wife's work schedule and my work schedule (difficult to predict). But I'll be keeping the mini-meet in mind, that's for sure!!!

Thanks again -
Jerry
Jerry Kane
Saint Louis, Missouri

Offline j2sax

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 12:11:05 AM »
Hope to see you there! 

BUMP!

Prafeston

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 09:59:10 PM »
I hope some Eagle guys show up. I'm gonna try my best to make it. I'll have to probably check out of work a bit early to make it by 6:30.

Offline j2sax

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 10:31:49 PM »
Hope you guys can show!  May be getting a "room" they use during the local AMO meets. 

See you soon,

Jesse

Prafeston

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 10:38:00 PM »
JSK,

Get that SX/4 running. I'd love to see it. The last time I saw an SX/4 in real life was when I was in Jr. High and it got me hooked on the Eagle.

Prafeston

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 08:55:49 AM »
One more reminder about the mini-meet. I'll be there. Hoping some others can make it. I keep trying to call this guy from the STL area that bought my last Eagle, but I think he gave me a fake number or something and when he called it always showed up as PRIVATE or ANONYMOUS.

Offline JSK

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 12
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 10:38:52 PM »
Hope y'all are having fun! I had to work late and couldn't even HOPE to show up... sigh
Jerry Kane
Saint Louis, Missouri

Prafeston

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 12:05:25 AM »
It was just me and Jesse from here. Three Wagoneers. One Gremlin. One Javelin.

Was nice to meet everyone though. I'm already back in Rolla.

Offline j2sax

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 02:38:40 AM »
thanks for coming out!  Your Eagle Wagon represented our breed well!  It was like a mini-AMC meet... I had a great time.

Members from ifsja.org, amceaglenest.com, theamcforum.com and Gateway AMO club...  For a Th night without much notice, I think it went pretty well!

We will have to do this again sometime! 

Of course for those of you near the St Louis area, the AMO had 40 AMC freaks at last months meet... happens every 2nd Sunday at Growlers and you don't even need an AMC/Jeep to join. 

When you are into AMC's, you can never have too many in your support group!  http://gatewayamc2009.com/

Have a great weekend and hope to see you at the next gathering!

Prafeston

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 04:02:30 AM »
Yeah there was a good 10-15 of us. Not everyone drive their AMC vehicles. The Wagoneers all looked great...dwarfed my little Eagle!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk