News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 19, 2024, 11:01:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: An unexpected Eagle.  (Read 3351 times)

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
An unexpected Eagle.
« on: July 24, 2011, 12:29:35 AM »
This afternoon me, my wife and my buddies went for a motorcycle ride down to Colorado Springs to see Captain America at the movies. I store my bike at my parents houes in Cascade (about 20 min. from me). My bike wouldnt start so my dad told me to take his bike that had not been run for some time. I decided to ride it through the neighborhood to make sure it was running ok. They live in a mountain community...lots of switchbacks. I almost dumped the bike when I came around a corner and seen a PERFECT and I mean PERFECT!! white and black wagon parked on the road side  :drool:. I had the camera in my saddle bag and I started to stop to take a pic. and my wife blew a  :censored: fuse!!  :banghead: she said we were late for the movie and I had to pass it up.....However on the way home tonight I went back...against her will....to get a pic....It was still there!!  :hello2:
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
Re: An unexpected Eagle.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 12:46:46 AM »
Nice capture there Shane.  Did you consider leaving a note about the nest here?  If it's not too far from you, next time you're around the area, leave them a note.

Which is a pretty good thought - Too bad the eagle's nest store doesn't have calling cards made up (like buy them in packs of like 20, 30, 50... and whatever, and when one of us sees a lone eagle (he he he) we could put our "calling Cards" on the window.

What a great idea... 

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 02:06:06 AM »
I think I will do that....The car is obviously very well kept so who ever owns in must really like it and have an interest in these cars....it would be awesome to have a nester in the area.

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 02:20:35 AM »
nice work shanebo now if only i could remember to carry my camera with me i'd be doing good.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 11:58:15 PM »
Shane, you truly have an Eagle-eye.  All together now...."GROAN"
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 12:45:10 AM »
he may have an Eagle-eye but i have Eagle Eyes. :rotfl:
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 06:10:35 PM »
Nice!Really nice! Wonder why if was sitting on the side of the road and left unattended? Interesting huh?
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 12:33:31 AM »
You cant really tell from the pic, but that light above it is a porch lite. most houses in that area dont have driveways or garages...just a cut out off the road to park...this one is on a blind corner and was half out in the street...makes me nervous and its not even my car.

This just goes to show that you never know where one of these things will pop up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk