News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 11, 2024, 07:13:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Got a new bike.  (Read 4201 times)

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
Got a new bike.
« on: May 18, 2012, 08:29:27 PM »
I drove Rockhopper to Evansville, IN today to pick up a new bike. It was just over 500 miles round trip . I was having some issues with it stalling when it came to a stop. I think I figured it out, but will wait to say what I think it was in a few days when I'm sure. Brand new 2011 Husqvarna WR300.

1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline standup650

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Never thought i'd have one but know i always will!
Re: Got a new bike.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 11:14:08 PM »
My brother has a husky, he loves it. says it has a nice tight gears perfect for trail riding. congrats! I hope it brings you alot of fun days!

rohnk

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 01:17:14 AM »
Oh man am I jealous! My current mid-life crisis is driving me nuts wanting to get back into the motocross stuff again. No money though so it will stay a dream for a while.

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 06:48:00 AM »
Oh man am I jealous! My current mid-life crisis is driving me nuts wanting to get back into the motocross stuff again. No money though so it will stay a dream for a while.

Keep the shiny side up!
That's what financing is for. ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:20:37 PM by eaglefreek »

rohnk

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 12:53:41 PM »
In my current state of financial distress, I wouldn't be able to put a pack of underwear on layaway! I'll give it a year though and see what happens.

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 09:19:59 PM »
In my current state of financial distress, I wouldn't be able to put a pack of underwear on layaway! I'll give it a year though and see what happens.
Been there. I'm using this opportunity to help rebuild my credit. As long as I don't hurt myself and miss a bunch of work and dig a hole.  ;D

I took it out for a little bit today. I met some Jeep guys at an off road park and decided to get there early so I can ride it before the Jeep ride. It rained the night before and it the clay soil was SLIPPERY. I wrecked twice, both times going uphill. One of them really scared the daylights out of me. But I am very happy with the bike. Going form my old 93 Kawasaki KLX650R to this bike, is like a 73 Plymouth Fury vs. a new Ferrari. It's only new once. It already has some battle scars.

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 09:21:45 PM »
Been there. I'm using this opportunity to help rebuild my credit. As long as I don't hurt myself and miss a bunch of work and dig a hole.  ;D

I took it out for a little bit today. I met some Jeep guys at an off road park and decided to get there early so I can ride it before the Jeep ride. It rained the night before and the clay soil was SLIPPERY. I wrecked twice, both times going uphill. One of them really scared the daylights out of me. But I am very happy with the bike. Going from my old 93 Kawasaki KLX650R to this bike, is like a 73 Plymouth Fury vs. a new Ferrari. It's only new once. It already has some battle scars.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk