EAGLE'S DEN FAMILY > Off topic

Eagle Stories

(1/1)

89 MJ:
Let's hear some of your best Eagle stories. They can be entertaining, educational, or anything really.

I don't really have a ton of long Eagle stories, but I do have a couple of fun short ones.

The first was my acquisition and reacquisition of the car. Both times, the previous owners were fantastic people and I was super fortunate that they both were aware of my situation and wanted to help a young car guy. Both times, the car was given to me.

I also frequently get people talking to me at work or at the gas station saying something along the lines of "An Eagle! I haven't seen one of those in years! Those were great cars, I've always wanted one."

One of my favorites was at the Kenosha Homecoming Show cruise-in. My parents were driving my Eagle and I was following them in with my Comanche and a person walked up to my dad and said "Nice Eagle!" and my dad responded with "Thanks, it belongs to my sun. He's in the Comanche behind us". I also got to see rmick's Eagle there, along with a few other times in Kenosha.

89 MJ:
Anyone with any fun Eagle stories?

amcfool1:
hi, I literally drove the wheels off my 82 sedan. Going to work one day, turned a corner into the parking lot, heard a loud snap, rear dropped, and my drivers side rear wheel rolled on past me. Lucky I was only doing about 3 mph. The dreaded axle snap, yup, they happen! :)   gz

89 MJ:

--- Quote from: amcfool1 on April 26, 2024, 11:37:11 PM ---hi, I literally drove the wheels off my 82 sedan. Going to work one day, turned a corner into the parking lot, heard a loud snap, rear dropped, and my drivers side rear wheel rolled on past me. Lucky I was only doing about 3 mph. The dreaded axle snap, yup, they happen! :)   gz

--- End quote ---

Driving on three wheels is never fun. I lost a left front on the highway because I suspect someone tried to steal my wheels and tires. This was shortly after I double checked my lug nuts. Good thing nobody was hurt in either of our cases.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version