News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 06:50:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lifter Removal Tool  (Read 1432 times)

Offline MIPS

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 44
Lifter Removal Tool
« on: May 06, 2020, 01:00:50 AM »
My engine has developed one or two lifters that are starting to get weak and because I was going to pull the head anyways this summer for cleaning and rebuilding I might as well replace the lifters while they're still $5 each.

The ones in there now shouldn't be super, super beat up but I do see mentioned in the TSM there's a tool available for pulling them out of their galleries. Some people have said to just put a magnet on the end of a stick and use that but is there a modern part number for the proper tool I can reference?

Offline MIPS

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 44
Re: Lifter Removal Tool
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 01:57:54 AM »
As it turns out, it's more a sanity measure to get the correct tool. It goes under a few different names but the lifter removal tool P/N W84004 with integrated slide hammer is exactly what I would recommend to remove lifters in a 258.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk