News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 02, 2024, 04:20:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1981 Eagle SX/4 for sale in New Jersey  (Read 4162 times)

Offline RookieAMC

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
1981 Eagle SX/4 for sale in New Jersey
« on: September 30, 2013, 01:40:13 PM »
It breaks my heart to do this but times are hard i think i must part ways with my beloved SX/4.

She is located in Brick, New Jersey.. 08724

Ive had her since june 2008.
Iron Duke I4 cyl engine
4 speed Manual trans
full time 4wd

The tires and brakes as well as all of the suspension were replaced by me with new parts

i also replaced the clutch/pressure plate/throwout bearing and had the flywheel resurfaced

the clutch master cyl and slave cyl as well as the lines and reservoir have been removed but i do have a brand new master and slave (i was in the process of replacing the whole system due to a reoccurring failure)

the car has no interior except for the front seats and the upright folding section of the rear seats but i do have most of the original interior plastics as well as the back seat and original jack.

I also have an assortment of amc parts that ive gathered over the years

and I also another transmission that i salvaged out of my parts rig before it went to the crusher...

Im sure through this site Ill be able to find another passionate eagle lover like my self that will have the time and dedication to get her on her feet again. The engine still starts right up and runs fine. I hope that someone will buy her and finish her rather than use her just simply for parts or worse  :-[ . She has a ton of potential, minimal rust and the body and frame are in spectacular condition. I am asking $1800 for everything i have. Once again the car is located in Brick NJ and purchaser must come pick it up.

I can be reached at [email protected] or at 732-998-5771.

I will post more pictures soon.

Present Vehicles:

1981 AMC Eagle Sx/4
1989 Ford F150
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 (5.9l Cummins)

Past Vehicles:
1981 Sx/4 sport parts car
1983 Ford Mustang lx
1989 Ford Probe gt
1991 Plymouth Laser tsi
1997 Toyota Tacoma
1999 Chevy Blazer
2000 Toyota Tacoma
2007 Ford Mustang Roush Stage 3

alexgsander

Re: 1981 Eagle SX/4 for sale in New Jersey
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 09:10:35 PM »
Hi,

Do you still have the vehicule?

Alex

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 09:25:57 PM »
You might want to try PMing them cause this thread is kind of old and there was a change over from the old forum. Sending a PM will at least send them an email alerting them to your message.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

alexgsander

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 09:31:23 PM »
thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk