News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 19, 2024, 05:08:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Introducing: My wooden bird of prey, Virginia.  (Read 13683 times)

Prafeston

Re: Introducing: My wooden bird of prey, Virginia.
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 11:18:40 AM »
So with these issues "...leaking windshield, leaking fuel tank, rusty fuel lines, cracked flex plate, and leaking valve cover."   everyone still thinks $3K is a reasoanble price?

If that's the case then what I paid for the war wagon is almost criminal.

The condition of the rest of the vehicle seems quite nice. The Windshield, fuel tank, and fuel lines don't sound like very pricey fixes...maybe I don't know what that would entail to fix them though. And the leaky valve cover is pretty much a given with most Eagles! :)

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 11:45:19 AM »
I'd say you did well! As long as your happy then so be it! Wish I had a parts car like that! Except for the damage it looks really nice and should provide you with many years of useable parts that you won't have to run all over trying to find. Way to go guy!!!
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline WoodenBirdOfPrey

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 12:16:12 PM »
Yeah, I'm still very happy with my purchase, I knew better than to expect a 25 year old car with high miles to be perfect. I'm looking forward to getting it back to problem-free status so I can begin the little tweaks that will make it my own.
87 Eagle Woody Wagon "Virginia" 4.2 Auto 174k

Prafeston

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 01:53:13 PM »
An Eagle is worth what you are willing to pay! :) As long as you are happy that's all that matters. I paid 5500 for mine, but it is a low miles pristine specimen. I'm happy with my purchase.

Offline Canoe

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 54
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 03:12:04 PM »
... I'm thinking the soft spot ... I think i'm going to cut out the bad part, and use the same section of my parts car as a patch panel.  It feels almost savage to cut into the floor of a rust free car to steal it for another car, I just have to keep telling myself it's a parts car and there's no way it will ever see the road again.
Photo of where this soft spot is?

Offline DarthGremlin

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 03:21:01 PM »
I see that the parts car has the seldom seen garnet leather interior...I remember discussing it an another thread on interiors and couldn't even find a picture of it. 

Patrick        Palmyra, VA
1984 AMC Eagle Limited
2017 Jeep Renegade Altitude
1991 Chevrolet Caprice Classic LTZ
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself"- Han Solo

Offline WoodenBirdOfPrey

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 03:37:51 PM »
I see that the parts car has the seldom seen garnet leather interior...I remember discussing it an another thread on interiors and couldn't even find a picture of it.  

I was wondering about that interior, I didn't recall seeing the same seats on anything else.  I think I'm probably going to offer the interior for sale. The interior in my 87 is in nice shape and the red interior in the parts car wouldn't do me much good anyways.  I would hate to let it sit and waste away.  The interior is still nearly perfect, it just needs aired out and cleaned. I keep it in the woods under a tarp, but mice like to ruin car interiors, and tarps leak.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:52:09 PM by WoodenBirdOfPrey »
87 Eagle Woody Wagon "Virginia" 4.2 Auto 174k

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 07:41:28 PM »
The thought crossed my mind more than once too.  If it was a full frame car I probably would be rolling around in the first sundancer wagon, unfortunately I've seen firsthand how structurally important the roof of a unibody car is. When I cut the roof off my CRX to scrap it the car pretty much folded in half under its own weight.  The eagle would have a stronger chassis than a little honda, but the eagle also weighs 3 times as much.
bracing, bracing and more bracing and it is possible.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2011, 11:35:23 PM »

I was wondering about that interior, I didn't recall seeing the same seats on anything else.  I think I'm probably going to offer the interior for sale. The interior in my 87 is in nice shape and the red interior in the parts car wouldn't do me much good anyways.  I would hate to let it sit and waste away.  The interior is still nearly perfect, it just needs aired out and cleaned. I keep it in the woods under a tarp, but mice like to ruin car interiors, and tarps leak.

Well shoot me a pm if and when you think of offering it up for sale : )

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2011, 12:53:32 AM »
Even though these cars are still revered as pieces of junk by the masses they are getting to that golden age where they are now becoming "classics". Every year that passes complete, running specimins as well as good useable parts are getting harder to come by....Ive noticed in the past few years the price of these cars going up. Ive even seen a few on the net....and Im not talkin sundancers or turbo diesels...selling for upwards of ten thousand dollars...weather or not they get that price is another story but i just goes to show these cars are on their way to becoming somewhat collectable it the world of classic autos.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Big Abe

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2011, 06:27:20 PM »
Ok, you have two Eagles and I have none at this point... so price, leaky windshield, etc aside... there is a uneven distribution of Eagles in the universe.   :rotfl:

Prafeston

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 06:45:23 PM »
Ok, you have two Eagles and I have none at this point... so price, leaky windshield, etc aside... there is a uneven distribution of Eagles in the universe.   :rotfl:

You'd be surprised...or maybe you wouldn't...at how many members here have a number of Eagles and AMCs in general.

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 12:54:03 AM »
LOL, I have 4 , rangeing from 1968 - 1984 .

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 05:03:45 AM »
I got 2 myself....but neither run at the moment...I guess I cant complain a whole lot though one cost 300.00 and the other cost 97.00 so.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline SleepsUnderCars

• Eagle crazy
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 62
  • the last truckload of Eagles ?
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2011, 09:36:07 AM »
I would be interested in a few interior pieces from your parts car...
'81 AMC EAGLE KAMMBACK rustbucket - off road only
'84 AMC EAGLE SEDAN
'68 Rambler Rogue 
'88 Dodge Ramcharger 
'07 Chrysler Pacifica (family hauler)
'80 AMC Spirit   ** FOR SALE **
'85 EAGLE WAGON sport   -bad frame future project

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk