News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 18, 2024, 10:26:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Replacement antenna  (Read 982 times)

Offline Knuckle0Head

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Replacement antenna
« on: June 01, 2023, 04:29:43 PM »
I found an antenna on amclives that looks nearly identical to the one found on an eagle, however it says it's for a rambler, are they the same thing/will it work on an eagle. Here's a link to it: https://www.amclives.com/products/1964-69-amc-american-antenna-replacement-kit-rl-8132

Offline AMC of Houston

• The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 86
    • American Motors Club of Houston
Re: Replacement antenna
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 05:08:32 PM »
That one isn't anything like the original Eagle (and later AMC) style.  It'll work tho; but you'd get the same thing from a $10 universal antenna off of Amazon -- like this one for instance:

https://www.amazon.com/Metra-44-UT30-Universal-Replacement-Antenna/dp/B000K50H3K/ref=sr_1_13?crid=HQGEJ2568VBM&keywords=universal%2Bradio%2Bantenna&qid=1685653472&s=automotive&sprefix=universal%2Bradio%2Bantenna%2Cautomotive%2C148&sr=1-13&th=1

I may have an NOS AMC antenna base somewhere if you don't want to go the universal route - you'd still have to buy a mast for it tho.
George G.
'81 Eagle Sundancer
'85 Eagle Waggie
1960 1902 Rambler Replica
'64 American
'70 AMX (Big Bad Blue), '70 AMX (White)
'77 Gremlin
'78 Pacer Coupe, '78 Pacer Wagon
'79 Pacer Wagon
'73 Jensen Interceptor
'86 Audi 5000 Turbo
'98 Aston Martin DB7
'09 Nissan Titan
'10 Nissan Maxima

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: Replacement antenna
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 09:45:23 PM »
I haven’t had great luck with some of the generic replacement antennas in recent years, unlike the ones I’d get 10+ years ago. Seems like I couldn’t get the claws pushed through the hole far enough to get them to swing into place. I finally got one meant for a classic Mustang from one of the Mustang suppliers and it works great.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk