News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 06:22:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: replacement vacuum lines  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Mr_Roboto

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
replacement vacuum lines
« on: August 13, 2022, 01:36:38 AM »
I've got a couple of the steel vacuum lines that are clogged. I'm planning on capping stuff up probably until I get something else to deal with it. What's the typical solution here? Just go all plastic? Is there steel still made in the same diameter?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 01:37:05 AM by Mr_Roboto »

Offline MIPS

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 44
Re: replacement vacuum lines
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 12:09:41 PM »
I'd just take compressed air and blow the line out.

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 05:23:03 PM »
I agree with MIPS unless there's a rotted spot in the line it should come out with compressed air.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline Mr_Roboto

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 10:38:02 AM »
I have a line or two that won't blow out even with 90 PSI and I have another line that's cut. I think this had water in it/was disconnected for quite some time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk