News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 02, 2024, 12:05:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hurricane Irene  (Read 3008 times)

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
  • Ohh look, its an angry Eagle.
    • old betsy
Hurricane Irene
« on: August 28, 2011, 02:37:31 AM »
Hurricane Irene is passing through Staten Island, New York as we speak. I have tried to take as many precautions as possible. I am deathly afraid of a tree or power line coming down on my eagle's. Considering I live on a hill there isn't much to worry about as far as flooding is concerned but we are surrounded by trees. I parked the Sx-4 in the driveway in between the houses and I put the 85 wagon in an open parking lot away from any trees or lines. I just pray We don't get any flying debris. 
I Don't know why. But everybody's always talking about their STI or That guys EVO, I think I'll stick with my old, but reliable AmC. Did I ever tell you I was Full blooded Eagle?

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Re: Hurricane Irene
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 03:57:02 AM »
I was just reading up on that storm on the net. My thoughts and prayers certainly go out to you. The most important thing is that you make it through this thing safe. Trust me Im prayin for your Eagles too but they are for the most part replaceable....life and limb, not so easily replaced....take care and keep us posted.

shane
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 08:36:21 AM »
I'm 2 hours north of you , thinking the saem. I put the MoneyPit II in the garage , my AMX is in a "tarp" style garage , but my wagon is on it's own as is the recently aquired "Caroline". Not worried about flooding either, but as you say trees are an issue.And if another tree fell on the Money Pit, I would take it to the forest and let it be with it's friends.

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 03:00:31 PM »
I sncerely hope you all make it through OK. 
Our son and family in Virginia had a tree on the roof early in the storm Saturday.  By Sunday AM they had the tree off, roof tarped and insurance filed.   Power was back on already.
Our daughter in PA, a couple of hours west of Philly, lost a piece of siding.
The grandyoung'n boy and some friends in Philly were in the dark the last we heard.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
    • old betsy
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 06:57:24 PM »
Thank God everything came out ok I was really worried there for a minute. 68AMXGOPAC how did you guys fair up there??
I Don't know why. But everybody's always talking about their STI or That guys EVO, I think I'll stick with my old, but reliable AmC. Did I ever tell you I was Full blooded Eagle?

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 03:54:50 AM »
Thank god you guys are all right!
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
    • old betsy
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 07:40:50 AM »
Thank you all for your prayers. I heard we have another one coming through. Not sure if thats just here say.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk