News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 28, 2024, 04:27:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMCs in the media  (Read 294971 times)

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Re: AMCs in the media
« Reply #405 on: January 11, 2012, 12:40:15 AM »
Lately ive been watching alot of 80's movies I have on tape and DVD analizing every frame to see if there is an eagle or other AMC that I hadnt noticed before, other than the occational jeep I havent found anything....as of tonight I can definitivly say Ferris Bueller's day off has a wagoneer in one scene and thats it....more reviews to come  ;D
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #406 on: January 11, 2012, 07:55:03 AM »
Lately ive been watching alot of 80's movies I have on tape and DVD analizing every frame to see if there is an eagle or other AMC that I hadnt noticed before

Two thumbs up for Shanebo!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #407 on: January 11, 2012, 08:15:29 PM »
Its too cold to work on my real life eagle so I figure why not watch hours of old movies looking for someone elses  :rotfl:

Offline Booko

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
« Reply #408 on: January 14, 2012, 08:14:06 PM »
We were watching Bones the other day, Booths Boss was driving a yellow Gremlin. The next show called the finder had a VW commercial, it also had a yellow Gremlin driving away while they were playing a Ted Nugent song.
Booko
86 Eagle Sedan
90 Nissan pickup
05 Hyundai Sonata
06 Ford F150

Click for YOUR_TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #409 on: January 24, 2012, 03:07:36 AM »
in the opening of good luck chuck there is a blue Gremlin.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #410 on: January 24, 2012, 03:18:50 AM »
He does drive a gremlin I believe....Marge simpson also had one in her high school years.......also yesterday on Mecum auto auction they had a pretty nice Marlin

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #411 on: January 24, 2012, 08:47:59 AM »
okay , nice Marlin.what's with the guy in the second row ?is he smileing?lol- seems someone is bent over in his lap.

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
« Reply #412 on: January 24, 2012, 10:00:40 AM »
what's with the guy in the second row ?is he smileing?lol- seems someone is bent over in his lap.

Shanebo said this was Mecum, not BJ... and by that I mean Barrett Jackson of course.  ;)
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #413 on: January 24, 2012, 10:47:12 AM »
Booth also gets into an accident with her Gremlin.   She was really, really mad.  I hope no real AMC's were harmed during filming.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #414 on: January 24, 2012, 04:14:46 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: GOOD STUFF!!  :laughing4:

Prafeston

« Reply #415 on: January 24, 2012, 04:34:34 PM »
I was watching Weird Science on Netflix streaming the other day and the main kids grandparents were driving what I believe was a Concord. At first glance I thought it was an Eagle, but I rewound and I'm pretty sure it was just a Concord.

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
« Reply #416 on: January 25, 2012, 03:56:22 AM »
I need to sit down and catch up with some of my movies and shows, I am considering making a mockumentory of a day in the life of an AMC Eagle owner... I would love to use the "Cone of Confusion" thread as some of the better scenes. I would LOVE to see that. Call it "Rise of the Eagle" or something silly.

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

Prafeston

« Reply #417 on: January 25, 2012, 08:28:35 AM »
I need to sit down and catch up with some of my movies and shows, I am considering making a mockumentory of a day in the life of an AMC Eagle owner... I would love to use the "Cone of Confusion" thread as some of the better scenes. I would LOVE to see that. Call it "Rise of the Eagle" or something silly.

That would be a cool concept! Only Eagle/AMC owners would get it! :)

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #418 on: January 28, 2012, 04:24:09 AM »
There was at one time a fair amount of these and other AMC's on the road...Im actually suprised theres not more of them that appear in 80's shows and movies. Just finished Ghost Busters and Fast Times at ridgemot High. A jeep or 2 in Ghost busters otherwise nothing....Fast Times had a Gremlin which had a descent role but it was the only AMC I could find.

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #419 on: February 06, 2012, 01:29:34 AM »
i was going through an old book i have called "Why Did They Name It...?" (printed in 1964) and i found something quite interesting in it pertaining to Nash and Rambler and here is what it says:
The Rambler automobile is a mere sixty years old, but the name itself is one of the oldest in transportation. Thomas B. Jeffery, the English-born inventor of the Rambler automobile, was for many years a very successful manufacturer of bicycles which he sold under the Rambler name. Though he built his fortune in the bicycle and automobile business, he is best known for his invention and manufacturer of the clincher tire in the 1880's.
Jeffery sold his bicycle business, and at America's first automobile race in 1895 he saw the new mode of transportation for the first time. With the proceeds from the sale of his prosperous bicycle company, he bout a vacant plant in Kenosha, Wisconsin, and happily began experimenting with the new "horseless carriage." By the fall of 1900, Jeffery had developed two new "gasoline vehicles" a  "runabout" (completely open) and a "stanhope" (with top). These first experimental cars were "radical" in design, with the engine mounted in the front and a steering wheel mechanism on the left. However, in a shrewd gauge of public opinion, when Jeffery introduced the car for sale two years later, the engine was rearmounted and the car steered by a tiller from the right-hand side.
These Rambler "carriages" (Jeffery had retained the trade name) were one-cylinder, 12-horsepower cars. The runabout sold for $750, and the stanhope for $825. They were an instant success. In 1902, when only 23,000 motor cars were registered in the United States, Jeffery turned out 1,500 vehicles to become the world's second mass-producer of automobiles. (A year after Oldsmobile and a year ahead of Ford.)
"Customer relations" might also be said to have been in its infancy as evidence by a priceless 1902 Rambler Instruction Manual which bluntly states:
The easiest way of avoiding trouble is to learn the carriage (automobile) thoroughly and understandingly; it is an incontrovertible fact that fully nine-tenths of the troubles experienced by the operator of motor cars are caused by the ignorance of the former, and not by the defects of the latter.
Early owners were also charged with heavy maintenance responsibilities for keeping their "carriages" in good operating condition: Every point of lubrication should be carefully gone over each morning before commencing the day's work."
Mysteries of the carburetor were explained in detail, and step-by-step instructions provided for adjusting the poppet valve if the one-cylinder engine should begin to smoke or misfire. No claims for gasoline economy were made. In fact, the manufacturer frankly admitted that "ordinarily a great waste occurs."
Nevertheless, most '02 Rambler owners were pleased with their vehicles, but one dissenting voice from Elmira, New York: "It seems to us that this machine is geared to run at too high a speed for our roads. In fact, we know this is the case, unless there is some way of making it run slower than we have yet to found out." (Top speed of the 12-horsepower engine was 25 m.p.h.)
Jeffery's success was due not only to sound engineering, but also to imaginative promotion. His advertising manager, Ned Jordan, covered the countryside with more than 5,000 road signs which indicated the distance to the nearest town or city, and in which direction it lay. this was a master stroke, since the only way to get from one town to another was by asking the nearest farmer for directions. Each sign was, of course, prominently inscribed with the word, Rambler.
Thomas B. Jeffery died in 1910, and the purchaser of his company was Charles W. Nash, who had resigned as president of General Motors to found a new company, and build a car under his own name. In 1918 the first Nash car, powered by a six-cylinder valve-in-head engine, made its bow.
In 1937, Nash merged with the Kelvinator Corporation under the leadership of George Mason who had been Chrysler's works manager at the age of 30. He promptly put Nash engineers to work on a new, economical, lightweight car which appeared in 1940 as the Nash "600" so named because it could go 600 miles on a 20-gallon tank of gasoline. In March, 1050, the Nash company introduced the first modern compact car, and the nostalgic name of Rambler was revived for the new line.
the convenience and thrift of the little car was its own best publicity. It appealed to the "common sense" of the American people. Big cars were being assailed as "gas-guzzling dinosaurs," and cartoonists, newspaper editorial writers, university economists, and even songwriters joined in ridiculing the useless fins and ostentation of the big cars.
One famous humorist toasted the Rambler as "the greatest invention since the ice cube."
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk