1979 - 1983 AMC Spirits and 1978 - 1983 AMC Concords > Spirit/Concord Projects

Can I lower my front end?

(1/2) > >>

Amc1320:
Ok, so most of the time we are looking for ways to RAISE our Eagles, but I actually want to lower my AMX, I think the front is probably about stock height and the rear springs have most likely sagged

But, rather than raise the back I would like to lower the fron to match, it sits too high in my opinion, epecially now, it has a kinda gasser look

heres some pics, any ideas??

thanks for any input

Rob

vangremlin:
I've heard of people trimming coil springs on other cars but I'm not sure I would recommend that.  You might be able to order a set of springs that are shorter to begin with.

Great looking car!!!

carnuck:
Swap coils with someone that has a sagging 4 cyl Eagle (unless it's V8)

twoslowinwyo:
what size are the springs now? e.g.5x11, 5x12, etc.  I did a similar swap on a Chevy Monza spyder. the front springs were 5x12, so I changed them to 5x11. did the same on the rear and also changed the spring rates to make it corner better. check out speedwaymotors.com they have a lot of different springs and spring rates to choose from. I hope this helps. LAZ

Amc1320:
THanks for the tips and ideas! Im working on some stuff now, hopefully I can make it not seem like Im driving uphill all the time

Might even get better gas milage!!

Rob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version