The Shop > Altered Eagles

Raising my Eagle

(1/7) > >>

AlexH92:
Im going to raise my eagle but im not sure how to raise the front. Im going to get blocks for the back, but will that work for the front?

Mechanic:
The front of an eagle is difficult to raise because of the independent front suspension. you can only lift the front of an eagle 2.5 inches before you have a dangerous angle on your half shafts. to get that 2.5 inch lift, I've heard most people use a 1 inch coil spring spacer to get 2 inches out of the front.

someone else will chime in for other ways to lift the front.

Whuntmore:
Yeah, that's what I have heard also.  Unless you can fab new mounts, and change the bolt on positions to all the arms, and then get custom bigger/longer coils for the front, spacers are the easiest way to do it.  It sounds mickey mouse, but it works well.

the back is alot easier.  just get a more arch on the back leafs, or helper spring thingys, or even to weld a very secure leaf spring box in the back,  there are different changes for that.  but you still have to be careful not to raise it over that 2-2.5 inch mark.  Any higher, and you're talking about redoing the whole suspension/drive system for like what the guys who take their eagles mudding/rock-crawling.

AlexH92:
Thanks guys, do you know where i can get 2" coil spacers for a good price? Also, how do you use the compresor under the hood to air up the back air shocks? sorry i dont know the technical term, I orders a chiltons manual but wont be getting it for a while because the company has to print the book before it ships out.

IowaEagle:
The Chilton's may or may not help. But they do make good door stops.  Consider purchasing a factory AMC TSM or MR.  We sell a '82/83 TSM in the Eagle Nest store and you can sometimes find them or the later MR's at a certain auction site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version