News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 20, 2024, 01:53:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The CReagle...  (Read 2386 times)

Offline Crandall1

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
The CReagle...
« on: October 02, 2011, 06:57:28 PM »
My '82 Eagle, after lifting, replacing the rotten rockers with tube steel, and painting satin black.

The To Do List:

Replace all vacuum lines. A lot of the lines are rotten, and it's just a mess. Some are missing.

Fix Air Conditioning. The heater flap? vent? whatever? is stuck open, which is awesome considering I live in Phoenix, AZ. Also, the AC needs to be recharged, so I might as well switch it from freon.

More lift. Both front and back springs need to be replaced. I imagine new ones that aren't so tired will bring it up quite a bit.

Interior. The insides are tragic. I pulled 8 dead mice out of the spare wheel bin.

Engine rebuild. It leaks like a sieve. My driveway looks like the Gulf Of Mexico with all the oil spots.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

But we're getting there. It's fun to get gas. You can see the dude coming at you a hundred yards away, with his "man, I haven't seen one of these in years..." face on. Good fun. I added the Mondale/Ferraro '84 bumper sticker. Couldn't resist.

Offline 83Eagle!

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 179
Re: The CReagle...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 08:55:57 PM »
Very nice work.  Looks pretty solid.  Your to do list looks like mine used to.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Prafeston

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 06:57:47 PM »
Car looks pretty cool man. I'd consider getting the black door handles off a Jeep and painting your trim black too...black the whole thing out! :)

Offline WoodenBirdOfPrey

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 07:11:47 PM »
I like it.  Simple and classy.
87 Eagle Woody Wagon "Virginia" 4.2 Auto 174k

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk