News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 30, 2024, 06:01:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hello from Cow Town Alberta  (Read 19620 times)

**Jeepgyrl13**

Re: Hello from Cow Town Alberta
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 10:50:55 AM »
:( I SOO Would, but as it is My eagle either needs a bell housing for the SR4 and a Clutch fork as the ends are really warn OR My project to start showing life... Till I know this works and is tested (Atleast on a "Scrap subframe" ) I really don't think I could take on the a second project (Though... I do have plans for that "Other 4WD" critter I have later (AND Is actually FAR less effort compared to my plans) Though... I too hope it finds a good home. maybe even someone. (And I am sure my project seems "Scary" But I don't intend to part with it either way it goes, I will drive it till I can't drive it no more. )
That is going to happen Hawk......we won't let it go to anyone, they will have to respect the AMC name and the car. I just am not a car girl.....my other half knows that he has been trying with many AMC's out there and has not sold me on one yet.....In time!

As for Dean, dude what can I say......it's getting nice out now.. :rotfl:

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011, 10:56:30 AM »
lol thank goodness for that.

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2011, 02:20:36 PM »
Slightly off topic But has anyone hard of Deja Moo?

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2011, 10:39:04 AM »

HI        Welcome  to the nest from a neighbor in Michigan.....I lick your trucks and Eagles to. look
                              forward to seeing more ....Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2011, 12:32:56 PM »
Slightly off topic But has anyone hard of Deja Moo?

Hard Deja moo?  I don't get it... ???

did you mean 'Heard of'?  Is that a member here?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:37:05 PM by Whuntmore »

**Jeepgyrl13**

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2011, 11:15:11 AM »

HI        Welcome  to the nest from a neighbor in Michigan.....I lick your trucks and Eagles to. look
                              forward to seeing more ....Don

Thanks neighbour for the welcome, have you checked the link out for the pictures? Have a great one  ;D

**Jeepgyrl13**

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2011, 03:49:33 PM »
I remember in my postings telling everyone that my other half - Duane!! was trying to sell me on an AMC......I have always been a truck girl and for some reason I have caved.

Last night Duane brought home for us a 1961 Rambler American Classic, A beauty in a light green she is. Her name is Roxy and she is awesome.

It is a standard - three on a tree and we are the second owners of her.  :hello2: The car is all original and it was parked in 1969, that is the last year of plates that is still on the car. This girl has travelled all over the United States from California to Arizona and many more places. :o

All she needs is a good tune up, brake work and tires (Yes she has the original tires and rims on her)....the interior is flawless and in immaculate condition. So I guess what I am saying is that this J-10 girl now lover the "Classic" beauty her hubby brought home.

I have been converterted.......Have a good night all :)

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2011, 03:53:10 PM »
send me pics of that so I can post it on the AMCA site

**Jeepgyrl13**

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2011, 03:55:47 PM »
I will as soon as we get some of her, right now she is on the hoist in the garage and I will be cleaining her up this weekend if I get time to....

If things go great and smooth with her, we may bring her to June's meeting :)

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2011, 04:03:11 PM »
awesome!   Can't wait to see her. 

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2011, 04:25:14 PM »
I guess this partially explains why you now have an Eagle and a J10 listed on Kijiji.

Duane is lucky to have you... if I brought that Rambler home, all I'd hear is "get that old piece of crap out of here".  ::)

Parked since 1969?  :o  Where did you find it?  And a three on the tree... I shudder at the thought of trying to drive that.
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

**Jeepgyrl13**

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2011, 04:56:50 PM »
The Eagle and J-10 were listed well before we found this girl :)

I am in awe that she is so perfect, she has some minor surface rust, but with a little elbow grease and a really good cleaning, she is nearly perfect.

There is one small hole rust spot on the drivers side bottom by the door, but other than that she's an  :angel13:

Supporting him only makes me wanting to be part of it.....thanks for the compliment Dean :) it meant a lot

She was listed on Kijiji yesterday morning when he was surfing it and came to see me for lunch showed me it and he called the guy on the way home and went to our famous area for buying vehicles.....Sylvan Lake...it belonged to the fellows father in law who passed away and did not want to give it to the kids, cause they wanted hot rods ;) lucky for us........

The three on a tree will be okay once you are use to it, my uncles farm had an old Chevy farm truck that was three on a tree and that is where I learnt to drive my first standard :)

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2011, 05:15:52 PM »
I know how Duane feels.  My wife Carol puts up allot from me, she even goes for Eagle Cruises with me. 

She was very helpful when I was looking, and she was willing to help me afford a US car, (two that I was close to getting) just so I could get my eagle.

Now, I don't think she'd be as nice if I had a fleet of these things, but she's cool about Flicker.

Yeah, Duane is even more lucky then me.  You're into it, Carol is just ok with it.

**Jeepgyrl13**

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2011, 05:24:44 PM »
I look at it like this:

Duane has his collection that is his collection (Support it)

I have my collection that is my collection (Love it)

But our collection together is what makes it more united.....hey guys have a great idea.......get a car that is an "Our" car and maybe, just maybe they would turn around....

What can I say, some girls are into it and getting down and dirty to help their crazed car nut men and others aren't......just because they don't help, doesn't mean that they don't deep down inside like it......Dean bring you wife on a date night to the next car club meeting....she might have fun once she sees all the neat cars, that is what turned me around dude :)

**Jeepgyrl13**

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk