Eagle Gallery > Eagles at work and Play

Each time I take an AMC for a 'FILL ER UP'

(1/6) > >>

JayRamb:
Each time I take any of my AMC's these days, it is not your typical, loosen the gas cap, swipe your card, choose your grade of gasoline, and fill up. No, Now days, it becomes a 1/2 hour stop. I have all kinds of people stopping by me, looking, coming out of the filling station mechanic shop wanting to know information and what gets me they will say, "My neighbor had one like this, but it wasn't a convertible, it was a 4 door and blue and it didn't have the back end look of this one." So, if you are in a hurry these days to do errands or joy ride or just to pick up some brats to go to a friends house, you will be delayed for sure! Before you know it, you are sharing stories and stories of my mother loved her Rambler. My mother loved her Eagle...she felt so safe in it. SO after it all ends,  :censored: Did I forget to put on the gas cap? Did I pay? How much was that total again? You all flustered for peeps noticing and reminescing. What time is it now? I AM LATE!!!  :censored: I HAVE TO TO THE GROCERY STORE NOW!!!! :censored:  It's 7:30 and I was supposed to be there by 7:15pm. I'm late, let's get going!!!

amc78concord:
Lol. Happens to me every once in a while.  I think the delays are well worth the stories told.

philotomy:
My other half would wonder why it took me an extra 1/2 hour to get home sometimes,same thing -being questioned at the pump about the car ;D.I'd love it when I'd pull up to a full service pump and let them look around for the filler door

rollguy:

--- Quote from: philotomy on June 30, 2011, 10:00:17 AM --- full service pump

--- End quote ---

What is that?

JayRamb:
Really? You have a choice between self service or full service at the pump. They fill for you, check oil, wash windshield.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version