News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 26, 2024, 03:16:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Strut Rod Bushings: An Interesting Discovery  (Read 3121 times)

Offline Run-AMC

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
Re: Strut Rod Bushings: An Interesting Discovery
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2020, 04:16:33 AM »
Birdman,

I’m glad you posted, and I’m sorry to hear about your obstacle.

I’ve had luck with the Rare Parts 22026. There are two variants, and I have no idea how to determine which one you’ll receive. Both should be perfectly fine, however, since their overall dimensions are the same. The price you pay is for a complete set.

Based on some searching on Summit and an experiment with aftermarket strut rods, I would very nearly venture to say that strut bushings for the 1969-1972ish Ford Mustang are compatible with the Eagle. Summit offers strut rod bushings that are simultaneously compatible with many AMC cars as well as Ford cars, to include the Mustang.

The adjustable strut rods themselves for that year Mustang are NOT compatible with the Eagle. Regardless of this fact, however, the MAS set was supplied with the Mustang strut rod I bought for testing. This phenomenon of shared parts has me nearly convinced that any strut rod bushing marketed for the Mustang is also compatible with the Eagle. I have yet to confirm this hypothesis, but confidence wins the day.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
1982 Eagle Wagon Limited in Super Brown

More young men should work on old cars.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk