The Shop > Project Cars

RallyEagle's 82 SX4 Rally car rebuild

(1/34) > >>

RallyEagle:
I obtained the 82 SX4 Rally car, raced by Dean Blagowsky in 83-84'ish.  It has an AMC 390 w/727 and a 119AM tcase.  I will not be racing it when done.  It requires complete rewiring and all new suspension components.

rmick:
Way Cool :occasion14:

amcfool1:
welcome. successful Eagle V8 conversions can be counted on one hand! good luck, gz

RallyEagle:
It's a fun car just not ready to be safely driven. A note for using 8 gauge cables in an 0 gauge apllication: DON'T!  Starter wire jacket was melted plus batteries are in rear.  Long wires, high resistance, low voltage, high amps.  All cables have been replace with hmmwv/humvee (AM General) double jacketed 0 gauge.

[/URL]

RallyEagle:
Removed front axle and found that it is 4.10 (41-10) Has a 1/2" spacer between carrier and ring gear.  Rear is 4.11 (37-9). Both open diffs. I don't think the front has been serviced in decades. Rear was cleaner but still old oil.  Easy to drop front axle, 5 bolts and 2 half shafts. Transmission jacks worked great.  They both will get cleaned up and cover put on and refilled for now.  Need to redo front and rear shocks and suspension. That's all for now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version