News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 02:13:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why are these 4 plugs unhooked  (Read 1987 times)

Offline mmanship

• Premium Member
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Why are these 4 plugs unhooked
« on: April 08, 2021, 01:20:17 PM »
I had an engine installed and these 4 connectors are not connected.   What is this harness for??

Offline rmick

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 40
72 Javelin AMX
72 Javelin SST
72 Gremlin with 4.0
81 SX 4

Offline djm3452004

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 18
Re: Why are these 4 plugs unhooked
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 07:58:22 PM »
I had an engine installed and these 4 connectors are not connected.   What is this harness for??

Just like the carburetor post, a larger photo would definitely be more helpful here, if you're able to get one uploaded, please.

Thanks!
David
Current Project: 1983 Eagle Wagon 258
Past AMC Project(s):  1979 Spirit Liftback 232
                                1968 Ambassador 287

Online MIPS

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 44
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 09:49:58 PM »
Looks like the connectors for the 2BBD's carburetor stepper motor, the WOT switch and the PCV solenoid.
Other connector looks like it's for the Sol-vac/Upstream/Divert solenoids.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 09:51:30 PM by MIPS »

Offline mmanship

• Premium Member
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 04:15:58 PM »
Wow MIPS.  I'm a newbie.  You blow my mind.  But, think I shall hang in there.  If man made it, man can fix it.

Offline mmanship

• Premium Member
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 04:19:48 PM »
DJM, I was trying to get bigger photos but got feedback that they didn't go.  Can one take intelligible pictures with an iphone?  I have a big digital camera but haven't learned to use it very well.  If I need to use it, I'll learn.  Your feedback was and is appreciated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk