News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 13, 2024, 10:59:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Greetings from Salt Lake City!  (Read 10252 times)

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
Re: Greetings from Salt Lake City!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 08:28:21 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmmm, broken right side axle shaft?
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline SleepsUnderCars

• Eagle crazy
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 62
  • the last truckload of Eagles ?
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 11:43:52 PM »
is the problem in the transmission, or after it? if you put it in gear, any gear, and look underneath, is the driveshaft turning?
'81 AMC EAGLE KAMMBACK rustbucket - off road only
'84 AMC EAGLE SEDAN
'68 Rambler Rogue 
'88 Dodge Ramcharger 
'07 Chrysler Pacifica (family hauler)
'80 AMC Spirit   ** FOR SALE **
'85 EAGLE WAGON sport   -bad frame future project

Kaboc

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 06:30:19 AM »
is the problem in the transmission, or after it? if you put it in gear, any gear, and look underneath, is the driveshaft turning?

If I remember correctly the driveshaft is stationary whenever I put it into gear.  However I'm not sure, since its been a while since I last got underneath it, what with the snow and mud.  I'll check it out tomorrow morning and report back.

wow! an eagle without a transfercase is just a concord ;D

I know, right?!   :D

even with a different trans in it, and it still dont go, i think i would still suspect something in the rear end. gears, or hub. especially since we solved the issue of "false neutral" it doest exsist on yours right now. lol.

The previous owner had stated that he had replaced the transmission after the original stopped working, and that he drove it for a while before it failed too.  That sort of lead him and later me and my grandfather that the issue was with the transmission.

I'll check!

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 02:11:00 PM »
I wonder if he reconnected the trans throttle rod?  Not being connected or present for duty will kill a torque flite in short order.

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Kaboc

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 09:20:48 PM »
I checked to see if the driveshaft would move.  I put the Eagle into reverse.   It didn't move.

IowaEagle, where is the throttle rod supposed to connect?  I'm kind of a newbie with my car and don't know where to look.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 10:03:36 PM »
It goes from the carburetor linkage down to the transmission.  If not maintained they like to rust and fall apart.  Or, totally left off during a transmission swap.  Or are not adjusted properly.  Very important component.

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk