News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 08:23:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: eagle rear driveshaft question  (Read 659 times)

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
eagle rear driveshaft question
« on: February 24, 2023, 01:51:33 PM »
hi, I have an 84 eagle sedan, restified and looking pretty good. It has the 2:35 axles. Recently I found a rusted out 85 wagon, and completely stripped it down of all useable parts. Luckily, it had the 2:73 axles, Shift on the Fly, so I'm in the process of rebuilding them, and eventually putting them in my 84.
The driveshaft in my 84, and older 82, is the "regular" hollow tube, about 2.5" OD. The driveshaft in this 85, looks like a solid piece of steel, and is a skinny 1.25" OD. Was this a late model change?, wagon only? and is one preferable to the other? It looks like a factory piece.
Also, is the slip yoke seal replaceable?, and how does one go about it?  Thank you gentlemen.  gz

Offline CaliEagle97

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Re: eagle rear driveshaft question
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 05:09:13 PM »
Call up Oregon Performance Transmission. Their website states they carry a seal, bearing & gasket rebuild kit for the NP119, but not sure if they specifically carry that one. Link below:

https://www.oregonperformancetransmission.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SRCH
Be groovy or leave, man

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk