News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 19, 2024, 09:15:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 85 Eagle Wagon in Tooele, Utah. 155,899 miles. Needs tranny rebuild.  (Read 3026 times)

Offline mutatedjellyfish

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
3-speed automatic, 2-wheel/4-wheel drive, 155,899 miles. Located in Tooele, Utah.

The good:
• NO FRAME RUST! This is an extremely clean Eagle. Only rust is a quarter-sized spot on the driver's door. No frame rust or rot.
• All new, metal valve cover with oil reservoir plug that doesn't leak.
• Carburetor recently rebuilt.
• Front driver/passenger ball joints recently replaced.
• Front driver/passenger shocks recently replaced.
• AC upgraded.
• All new belts (except timing belt).
• Tune up 200 miles ago.
• Brand new front brake pads and rotors.
• New air filter and carb recently tuned.
• New vacuum hoses.
• Totally awesome simulated wood grain (as seen on Back to the Future!)

The bad:
• Transmission leaked and now needs to be rebuilt: car starts fine but does not move.
• Transfer case also leaked and will likely need to be replaced.
• Front passenger CV axle needs fixing/repairing.
• Heater core was leaking so the previous owner bypassed it. In other words no heat. I have a new heater core, it just needs to be installed.
• Some oil leaks.
• Other minor things like the little rear hatch hydraulics need replacing.

I bought this awesome car because it's awesome and I wanted a car to begin learning auto maintenance on.  Unfortunately, once the transmission went out, I don't have the time or knowledge to fix that myself nor the money to have someone fix it for me.  A transmission place looked at it for me and quoted me $1200 for the transmission alone, but parts kits are cheap, so if you know how to do it yourself, this would be an awesome little project car.

Also included is a bound copy of all volumes of MR 254 and MR 251. This is a ~$90 value alone.

Asking $800. Contact Worth Dayley: [email protected] or 801-376-9047

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:09:54 PM by mutatedjellyfish »

Offline dkoug

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 9
  • 85 Eagle Basic
Re: 85 Eagle Wagon in Tooele, Utah. 155,899 miles. Needs tranny rebuild.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 09:04:59 AM »
Pictures of interior would be nice

dkoug

Offline mutatedjellyfish

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Re: 85 Eagle Wagon in Tooele, Utah. 155,899 miles. Needs tranny rebuild.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 10:27:58 AM »
Ah, good call. I'll try to get some with the flash tonight and get better ones this weekend when I'm at home during the day.  The interior is pretty decent. Tan, fabric seats with some minor tearing, rubber floor mats and a newer steering wheel.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 10:41:57 AM by mutatedjellyfish »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk