News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 16, 2024, 11:45:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Interesting experieance at off road meet./Not Jeep Enough?  (Read 12830 times)

Offline Eagle1984

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
Re: Interesting experieance at off road meet./Not Jeep Enough?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 02:43:47 PM »
WOW!! did they refund your money (sorry if I missed that part).  I would have asked them what is "not jeep enough about it"? and i would have made a scene. 

yes I did get a refund. I asked them what they meant by not Jeep enough and they said "It is not a Jeep body/no Jeep Labels"

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 03:11:59 PM »
WOW!! did they refund your money (sorry if I missed that part).  I would have asked them what is "not jeep enough about it"? and i would have made a scene. 

yes I did get a refund. I asked them what they meant by not Jeep enough and they said "It is not a Jeep body/no Jeep Labels"
I would have said "jeeps arn't allowed to look this good?" ;D also I'd look for a "trail rated" badge off a compass or liberty and stick it on your eagle for next time (cause we all know that libertys and compasses don't deserve it)
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline Eagle1984

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 12:38:30 AM »
I also just remembered and double checked with my friends that were there but when he first said I had to move the owner of the Jeep Delearship made the comment I had to movie it because it was not a Jeep Brand and actually called it a get ready for it. The dealership owner call Laverne A Dodge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I mean really, even if I had argued and made a good point I wonder if it would have worked with someone who thinks like that?

Offline DaemonForce

• Grease Magnet
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 01:24:14 AM »
A Dodge? Okay to be fair my local dealership tends to group Jeep, Dodge and Chrysler together but that doesn't mean that they all have interchanging parts. My Eagle uses a Ford starter and a Chevy style alternator but to my knowledge the rest of the parts used can be pulled off of just about any YJ model Jeep. The only thing I can imagine that wouldn't "make it Jeep enough" is the lack of a 2 gear transfer case. That is NOT what separates Jeeps from the rest of the crowd. If anyone told me at a meet that my Eagle "isn't Jeep enough" I'd just tell them I left my grill guard and winch at home.

Deal with it. 8)
1983 Limited
AMC 258C {R2:27.Jun.13}
Carter 2681 {R2:28.Oct.12}
TorqueFlite A998 {R6: -20.Apr.12}
NP129 {R2:28.Apr.12}
M35-273 {???}
Compression: 0
Corrected Idle: 0RPM

Rebuild:
???

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 02:09:59 AM »
next time just tell them if it weren't for the AMC Eagle their Cherokee wouldn't even exist.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline Gil-SX4

• International Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • December-2003
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 02:24:05 AM »
You are not the first one to be fround on by the Jeep comunity, for some reason most of the Jeep people don't accespet the AMC eagle as parst of the AMC Jeep famely.
That is one of the reassons this forum was form since we wherent really accepten in the Jeep Forums and some of the AMC forums all so don't whant to accept or AMC Eagles.
Rick Perry President of The Republic Of Texas,
Wants You.
Enlist in the Texas Arm Forces.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands:
     one Nation under God, indivisible, With Liberty and Justice for all."

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one and indivisible."

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." --Thomas Jefferson

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4
1985 Chevrolet C-10 Silverado
1995 Ford Aspire
1978 Ford Bronco

Murphy's Law
"If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways can result in a catastrophe, then someone will do it".

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 07:21:51 AM »
Next time there is a meet by this bunch, let us know in advance and perhaps a bunch of eagles can circle those vultures
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 08:32:37 AM »
That's weird. I have had the opposite experience. I've joined a few different offroad sites over the last few years and got nothing but compliments or stories of my dad/mom/uncle/aunt/cousin owned one and it was a great car. I attended an off road meet, it wasn't just Jeep though, and was welcomed.  Sounds like a bunch of snobs.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Eagle1984

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 11:47:20 AM »
That's weird. I have had the opposite experience. I've joined a few different offroad sites over the last few years and got nothing but compliments or stories of my dad/mom/uncle/aunt/cousin owned one and it was a great car. I attended an off road meet, it wasn't just Jeep though, and was welcomed.  Sounds like a bunch of snobs.
The odd thing was I did get nothing but compliments from most of the Jeep guys I talked to, including the dad used to own one comment, just the owner of the dealership seemed to have a problem, after I called ahead of time.

Offline Sunny

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 09:56:59 PM »
next time just tell them if it weren't for the AMC Eagle their Cherokee wouldn't even exist.

Cherokee's have been around long before Eagles.
They were just full sized jeeps, they were not scaled down to unibody smaller versions until 1984.

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 02:33:44 AM »

Cherokee's have been around long before Eagles.
They were just full sized jeeps, they were not scaled down to unibody smaller versions until 1984.
that's what i meant is that the small bodied Cherokee's unibody was designed after our Eagles unibody and therefor the small bodied Cherokee's wouldn't have been what they are if our eagles hadn't been created.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk