News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 07, 2024, 12:53:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Restoring Visors  (Read 2798 times)

Offline Tennessee_Farmer

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 53
Restoring Visors
« on: June 29, 2011, 09:36:22 AM »

Ever try restoring a droopy visor?  My wife is Filipina and every few years we travel to the Philippines.  I take along some seat covers and visors since the work there generally costs a fraction of what I would pay here.  I paid somewhat less than $5 a visor.  Eat your hearts out!

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Re: Restoring Visors
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 09:59:05 AM »
pretty cool collection!
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 09:20:51 PM »
Nice work!   Now if they had similar fabric to stock, that would be even better!
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline craigp29690

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 10:06:46 PM »
Ok so once you get the cover restored how do you get the hardware back inside?
1957 Nash Rambler
1964 Rambler Classic 770 2dr
1965 Rambler Classic Wagon              NON-AMC
1966 Rambler Classic Wagon              1981 MAZDA 626 (RWD)
1972 AMC Ambassador Wagon           1991 MAZDA MX5
1981 AMC Concord Wagon                1978 Dodge Magnum XE
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon Ltd        
1987 AMC Eagle Wagon Ltd           Yes I have a few toys..........

Offline Tennessee_Farmer

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 53
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 11:40:19 PM »
The question was posed as to how to get the hardward back inside.  Actually, the visors are pretty simple.  There is permanent metal inside the visor that the rod and mounting bracket slip into that hold the visor in place.  To remove the rod and mounting bracket, just grab ahold and twist and pull until the rod is removed.  To install, do just the opposite.  The rod and mounting bracket fit either the right or the left visor.  The only difference between a right and left visor is the passenger one is precut to hold a vanity mirror, whether the original visor has a vanity mirror or not. 

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 12:39:32 AM »
The visors in my care are pretty pitiful...I'm not quite sure yet what I'm gonna do with them....They will need some TLC for sure.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk