General > Cone of Confusion

Hey!! I haven't seen one of those in years!! It's a..........right?

(1/6) > >>

shaggimo:
Now that we've had some road time with the SX/4, I get this claimed and asked many times through out my(our) travels. So here's a short list of the claims I've heard, some are kinda funny.

Chevette!!-  :rotfl: Have heard this quite a bit.

Pinto!!- Yup someone went there, she asked her bf, "was that a lifted Pinto?" bf responded, "no that's Shaggy with the Eagle" lol (coworker).

Vega/Monza- Just another confused gent....

Spirit- Young gal, former amc spirit owner, tracked me down at a carshow to ask me if I would sell it, lol, turns out she is a friend of Eaglegirls (she wasn't with me at the time, I snuck her car out to a cruise in while she was shopping, :hiding:)

Gremlin- at least they knew it was an AMC and had the right size car in mind, lol. We hear this the most out of any.

Hornet- Not just any hornet, guy walks up, "Wow, this is just like the one they used on that James Bond movie!!" I almost hated to tell him that it wasn't...

Javelin- Had to take that as a complement.....

Pacer- Yup even asked where the flames and licorice dispenser were,  :rotfl: (I got a kick out of that one).

AMX- We went out to dinner, the manger of the restaurant was outside as we pulled in, literally ran over to ask about the AMX, lol, we got very good service at the restaurant that night too, maybe coincidence??

Everynow and again I do meet someone that knows what the car is by its proper name, lol, either they had one or knew someone that did. The one that stands out in my mind most though, is when I was at a little gas station in the southern tier of NY. I was pumping away, when I heard a shriek of sorts from across the street, followed by a stream of obscenities proclaiming it's a  :censored: :censored: AMC :censored: :censored: EAGLE!!! I couldn't say say a thing to that, so it was just a laugh and wave moment, hahaha.

amcinstaller:
with the spirit i used to get gremlin alot, or "waynes world car". some people said it was "one of those 4 wheel drive things". one guy asked me what it was with no idea, and after i explained, he says, "so, that things like a cross between a vega and a pinto then?" "sure.  ::) "

your last one is awesome tho

eaglefreek:
I've gotten Gremlin a couple times myself. At least they have the right manufacturer. During the Rambler Ranch meet I went to a few years ago, a bunch of us pulled into a breakfast joint. Next door was a shop where they make statues out of logs with a chain saw. We went to check it out and the guy told us he said to his coworker, " Holy cow, look at all those Eagles!" He said she looked to the sky and said, "Where?" She said she didn't notice all the cars in the parking lot were the same model until he brought it to here attention.   ???

amc78concord:

--- Quote from: shaggimo on June 14, 2011, 02:57:59 PM ---I heard a shriek of sorts from across the street, followed by a stream of obscenities proclaiming it's a  :censored: :censored: AMC :censored: :censored: EAGLE!!!
--- End quote ---
 :rotfl: That's awesome.  :)

I've had a few of such instances like this, I turn head all of the time with my Eagles.  It's a LOT of fun, I enjoy it so much as I'm sure you do too.

So keep Eaglin' and turnin' those heads man.  ;)

shaggimo:
It's kind of funny, this car does the exact opposite of what I thought it would. When I first brought it home and started fixing it up, I figured it will be a great car to fly below the radar with, slip around without being noticed, lol. I couldn't have been further from wrong, haha, at least it's all positive so far.

On another confused note: A friend of mine has a Marlin, he was at a car show a while back, had a guy walk up to it, look it all over, and say to him "I've never seen a fastback Malibu before"  :rotfl:.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version